Lt. Commander
I was perusing the STO website today and went to the Lifetime Subscription Page

http://www.startrekonline.com/lifetime

And noticed at the bottom of the Rewards list it said:
  • No subscription fee: Play without a monthly fee forever!
  • The Liberated Borg character species: Play as an escaped member of the Hivemind.
  • The Captain's Table - A special area restricted to lifetime subscribers and longtime STO veterans.
  • Exclusive costume option - An insignia available only to lifetime subscribers. Just visit a tailor in-game to add it to your current captain.
  • "Career Officer" title - Show off that you're committed to Starfleet or the KDF for the duration.
  • Forum goodies - Change the color of your username and show off a special title.
  • More on the way!

What do ya'll think it will be? Or IF it will be?
What would you like it to be? (And there is a good chance it will be a Veteran reward someday)
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-08-2010, 08:30 AM
Maybe a special ship? A costume piece? New titles? How about a special lifetime tribble ooooooooo lol

I really don't know what it would be, but I'm sure it will be something cool. If it is ever offered as a vet reward that's fine with me. I don't mind sharing lifetime bonuses with someone who has been playing the game for a few years.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-08-2010, 08:33 AM
Something good I hope
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-08-2010, 08:37 AM
Back durring beta i seem to remember talk about a noncombat yaht or something like that but dont thnk it ever got off the ground.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-08-2010, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adohi
Back durring beta i seem to remember talk about a noncombat yaht or something like that but dont thnk it ever got off the ground.
The yacht is a 400 day vet reward http://www.startrekonline.com/veteran_rewards
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-08-2010, 08:39 AM
Nothing any good or they will have to give to monthly subscribers after we get it. Because they will start rant and tantrum threads. Complaining there is something in a video game they can't have.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-08-2010, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adohi
I believe the yacht is the 300 or 400 day reward
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-08-2010, 08:46 AM
How about this as a lifetime subscriber reward - you automagically qualify for all new veteran rewards on the the day they figured the game was 100, 200, 300, etc., days old instead of some number based on the day your subscription was paid for. I think it's silly that other lifers who have actually played the game for months less time than myself have gotten vet rewards weeks before I have (still haven't gotten the 200 day vet reward).
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-08-2010, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeWitt_LSF
How about this as a lifetime subscriber reward - you automagically qualify for all new veteran rewards on the the day they figured the game was 100, 200, 300, etc., days old instead of some number based on the day your subscription was paid for. I think it's silly that other lifers who have actually played the game for months less time than myself have gotten vet rewards weeks before I have (still haven't gotten the 200 day vet reward).
We do "automagically" qualify for them, we just don't get them until we've played for X amount of days. Frankly I don't mind waiting, plus I don't think the 300 and 400 Vet day rewards are even in the game yet so they won't be able to give them to us.
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-08-2010, 08:54 AM
A special tribble would be awesome. Or a pet cat. Data had spot after all. It could function like the pet targ the klingons get. Just change the skin on it and make is smaller. And if they made it a vet reward that would be fine with me as well. If someone has been playing a long time then they should get something nice too. After all the Captain's Table opens up to anyone that has been with STO for 400 days.

I think a special ship wouldn't be a very viable option. See what happened with the recruiting program prize, that Galaxy X. Now its just in the C-store and everyone and they mother has one (myself included). So I think a special ship is out of the question unless it was something that only madmen would us, like a shuttle. The runabout you can get is only for madmen since you get constantly destroyed in PVP.

However my suggestion would be give the lifers at 500 days the Delta Flyer. Make it like a light cruiser with 2 fore and aft weapons and just 3 universal slots. That was it is an underpowered ship that no one can claim is game changing in anyway since it isn't a high tiered ship. And it could be a vet reward at the 900 day mark or something. Let us enjoy for a little while the exclusivity of it.