Lt. Commander
# 11
08-08-2010, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by attilio View Post
The yacht is a 400 day vet reward http://www.startrekonline.com/veteran_rewards
ah so they just went and make it for vets.
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-08-2010, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adohi
ah so they just went and make it for vets.
Nah, it'll probably end up in the C-store as well. All but lifers will pay for it one way or the other.

I don't care either way. I take comfort in the fact that lifers qualify by default for stuff like this. It's always a welcomed surprise when you find free goodies on the C-store to claim.
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-08-2010, 09:49 AM
A bathroom. My captain is sick of hiding it behind the fish tank in Quinns office..
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-08-2010, 09:55 AM
Are there even bathrooms in the game? I can't remember seeing one. Though in ME2 they did have a few...
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-08-2010, 09:58 AM
I'd go for something broader that's bound to satisfy and reward lifetime players for staying around and being active (which in turn provides more activity for monthly paying customer) by the way of a monthly-given cumulative Cryptic Point budget.

It's not something that can be given away afterwards to monthly playing players so it should remain 'exclusive'; it's something which can be used by Cryptic to have Lifetime players 'advertise' thier C-Store product; and it's a lifetime reward that probably will turn out pleasing every person that invested in a lifetime subscription (because - honestly - none of the lifetime rewards since launch have appealed to me).

Turbine does something similar to their founding lifetime subscription players regarding their Turbine points. I see it as a good practice.
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-08-2010, 10:06 AM
One of the upcoming rewards is access to the upcoming Lifetime subscriber channel. I just wish we knew when it was coming other than soon.
Lt. Commander
# 17
08-08-2010, 10:09 AM
The extra ship slot at 300 days will be most welcome.
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-08-2010, 10:34 AM
Other than the liberated Borg character, there really isn't anything yet that stands out as a "must have" to entice people to get the lifetime sub. Now if you give lifers exclusive access to a special store where they can spend their GPL on Purple Borgified gear of any level, then we are talking.
Lt. Commander
# 19
08-08-2010, 11:16 AM
I like a lot of what ya'll are saying, but I don't see anything good or special coming out. Most of the LTS Rewards are Garbage

An empty space station full of glitchy NPC's that takes way longer to get to and holds less stuff

An in-game title (bland) and a forum title that instantly makes people hate you and causes tons of problems

The only good thing is the Playable Borg and I bet by Christmas it'll either be a Vet Reward or On the C-Store
Lt. Commander
# 20
08-08-2010, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
I was perusing the STO website today and went to the Lifetime Subscription Page

http://www.startrekonline.com/lifetime

And noticed at the bottom of the Rewards list it said:
  • No subscription fee: Play without a monthly fee forever!
  • The Liberated Borg character species: Play as an escaped member of the Hivemind.
  • The Captain's Table - A special area restricted to lifetime subscribers and longtime STO veterans.
  • Exclusive costume option - An insignia available only to lifetime subscribers. Just visit a tailor in-game to add it to your current captain.
  • "Career Officer" title - Show off that you're committed to Starfleet or the KDF for the duration.
  • Forum goodies - Change the color of your username and show off a special title.
  • More on the way!

What do ya'll think it will be? Or IF it will be?
What would you like it to be? (And there is a good chance it will be a Veteran reward someday)
Stormshade mentioned a Lifer only global channel, but it hasn't been implemented yet.