Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
08-09-2010, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
We realize that this sucks gang, and we are working on a solution.

The problem is two fold really.

1) Queuing is certainly not working as intended currently. It's bugged, and we are working on a solution.

2) If we simply roll back the changes made in season 2, we're not addressing the real problem. The PvP system has needed some love since it was created, and you all haven't really been happy with it ever.

So, instead, we are working on getting a brand new PvP queuing system out to you as soon as possible. It's a major priority for the developers right now, and they are hoping it makes it to Tribble later this week.

Thanks,

Stormshade
after about the 8th response to similar posts ive seen i can honestly say i feel for your position in this game, like paddling upstream the mississipi. but do not despair we know your working hard and you will do your best to satiate this hunger for pvp we all have. i just wish you could spend more time doing things other than allaying fears and responding to stupid forum posts by nobhats
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-09-2010, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genex View Post
Friday, 5 hours in queue, - 2 Matches the whole day - Way to many "Your not in a queue" or "Not enough people" dialogues
Saturday "Queue "Fix" announced" 5 Hours in queue (again) - 0 Matches, again way to many "Your not in a queue" or "Not enough people" dialogues
Sunday - Why even bother logging in?

So much for a "welcome back" weekend more like "kiss my aft-crack" weekend
how many private qs did you start? did you go to kerrat for open pvp? obviously you want to be spoon fed content through a one button click system. this is a pipe dream and the failure of the latest q system exemplifies how if you want something bad enough you have to WORK for it. trust me you didnt want to get into any more qs anyway, you would have been annhilated by op klingons (ha ha)
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-09-2010, 06:07 PM
Quote:

1) Queuing is certainly not working as intended currently. It's bugged, and we are working on a solution.

2) If we simply roll back the changes made in season 2, we're not addressing the real problem. The PvP system has needed some love since it was created, and you all haven't really been happy with it ever.

So, instead, we are working on getting a brand new PvP queuing system out to you as soon as possible. It's a major priority for the developers right now, and they are hoping it makes it to Tribble later this week.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Er... why not roll back the changes AND work on a new system?
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-09-2010, 06:12 PM
Or, just get rid of queues entirelty and make the Badlands/Mutara Nebula/whatever massive combat zones.
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-09-2010, 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star*Dagger
Greetings,

The community collectively deserves an answer to this question. While I realize that giving an exact date might be problematic let us know what is in the works.

Yours respectfully,
Star*Dagger
The answer is they don't give a crap.

Now you have your answer. It became obvious to me weeks ago.
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-09-2010, 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rojon View Post
The answer is they don't give a crap.

Now you have your answer. It became obvious to me weeks ago.
Congrats on reading the thread. Look up a few posts.
Lt. Commander
# 17
08-09-2010, 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by akumarev
simple answer
you are releying on Cryptic to deliver a quality experience for a subscription payment.
this company is unable to actually deliver quality. But if you want starfleet PJ's or a cat person skin or some other random BS then for a small nominal fee you can get those no problem
I'm surprised that you don't understand that the graphics team has nothing to do with the programmers. The devs have said over and over again that the graphics guys have less things to do than the programmers which is why we get things like alternate costumes and ship skin fixes.
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-10-2010, 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlyto View Post
Er... why not roll back the changes AND work on a new system?
There are no guarantees that a rollback won't cause a ton of extra bugs, since the previous system only worked fine with the other 1.2 code. So short of rolling back the entire game, you would loose a lot of effort trying to make the old system work with 2.0 instead of working on the new system.

Anyway, as long as this is being given a heck of a priority and gets solved in a very very timely manner, (ie not months) I'm happy. Or rather, I will be.

My own personal list of really, really, really annoying things that are having a very negative impact on my gaming experience:

- PVP Queue
- VERY closely followed by grouping still not working properly on B'tran
- followed by no loot for running on elite, so I'm forced to be bored to tears running it on normal. Heck the game needed better end rewards on elite, not less rewards
- Followed by PvP people going AFK inside the game when it finally does start, just to get credit, and/or not caring at all about the mission objective.
- followed by no longer being able to get marks of honor and a lot the equivalent mark XI gear being WAY sub-par to the mark X stuff, and much harder to get just to add insult to injury. (A mark X blue shield for 200k being better than mark XI purple stuff need to grind for a week to get isn't funny)
Lt. Commander
# 19
08-10-2010, 02:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmoeJoe
this sentiment and attitude speak volumes about the real reasons you arent in the game anymore and DOB is a shadow of its former glory. Your not being constructive. You always want to stroke your ego and down on everyone else, lets be honest, you never REALLy cared about the game or itsp layers of the quality of PVP experience in general. Actions speak louder than words and if you did care you would be acting like a true pvper and offer constructive criticism, advice, and help to your "enemies".

The devs cant do it alone we all need to up our game and work within the ocnstruct we have been provided with. I for one, applaud their ongoing efforts to make pvp more fun, fair, and balanced, even if i dont agree with every single change or addtion. The idea is to be a grown man and deal with people liek a civil adult, not a trash talking fourth grader who eats cheesy poofs.

/rant off
wow knee-jerk much?

there was no ego stroking in his post. He was actually just voicing how a lot of us feel at the moment.
Lt. Commander
# 20
08-10-2010, 03:31 AM
Quote:

Thanks,

Stormshade
well at least itīs priority now thx