Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
I subscribed back in Open Beta when it was a paltry 240$

I knew a Star Trek MMO was going to be made before the people at Perpetual were even approached, and waited a long long time for this to arrive. Some might remember my activities in SFC 1, 2 and 3. I bring the same single-minded determination to this game, with the added bonus of it being persistent and wider ranging.
While this game has its many warts and false-starts, it is growing and Cryptic *is* working hard to make it a definitive Star Trek experience.

One might think back to that grand holo-vid so popular on Earth, called Braveheart, where the Irishman says "If I join ye will I get to kill Englishment". It was very clear early on that I would get to eradicate Federation captains and their cloying hypocritical philosophies.

I am here, and shall remain so, this I swear by Mnhei'sahe and the Elements themselves, to bring order to the galaxy under the aegis of honorable administration.

Yours in Road to the Stars Plasma,
Star*Dagger

Raptor wings spread wide
Ready always to turn the tide
Rihannsu, his Pride

Talons dripping wet
Heart of his foe, broken hard
They remember now

Falcon-sight, Fearless
Above and below He flies
All in his sight, Dies
Lt. Commander
# 22 Who talks like that?
08-09-2010, 11:38 AM
Do you run your thoughts through some kind of translator before you post? lol...

I'm on a month by month basis. I'm frustrated right now but I'm optimistic that they'll eventually get the basic things ironed out.
Lt. Commander
# 23
08-09-2010, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
Do you run your thoughts through some kind of translator before you post? lol...

I'm on a month by month basis. I'm frustrated right now but I'm optimistic that they'll eventually get the basic things ironed out.
My words are more lyrical in the original Romulan, but the audience that understands that language is limited in 21st century fora.

Yours in accurate nomenclature Plasma,
Star*Dagger
Lt. Commander
# 24
08-09-2010, 07:21 PM
Monthly. I've already unsubbed and resubbed once, and will continue to do so based on a regularly-occurring determination of whether I believe I will get 15 bucks of enjoyment out of this game in a given 30-day cycle.
Lt. Commander
# 25
08-10-2010, 01:04 AM
Lifetime. Sticking with the game long term but I hop around FPS games a lot.

Looking forward to DC Universe online because I am very interested in their PvP implementations.
Lt. Commander
# 26
08-10-2010, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa27 View Post
Been paying since the game came out. And will keep doing so for the for seeable future. Getting to Capt. in a few days I wanted a challange, made a Klingon and have been happy ever since.
Sounds almost identical to my situation, although having created a Klingon recently to get some PvP experience, I've so far been unable to get into a PvP match.

I'm a lifer by the way.
Lt. Commander
# 27
08-11-2010, 10:36 AM
I've got a Lifetime Subscription, and I enjoy whatever I can get into on both factions, PvE and PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 28
08-11-2010, 10:52 AM
Lifer, and do mostly PvE. I'll do a PvP sometimes, but don't really see the appeal.
Lt. Commander
# 29
08-12-2010, 04:06 AM
Paying every 3 months. Have not gone for lifer yet for 2 reasons.

- Can't seem to gather the courage to pay the big bill :p
- As long as I keep paying, i'm giving Cryptic an incentive to keep working on the game. If I pay it all in advance, i'm encouraging them to focus on c-store items. After all, any company HAVE TO focus on making more money.

That said, I may eventually go for life-time sub...
Lt. Commander
# 30
08-12-2010, 09:09 AM
Lifer, and if I weren't a lifer I'd still be paying a monthly fee. No other MMO out there currently live appeals to me more than this one, and I enjoy the PvP here (2.0 bugs aside).