Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
Really, i've spent 3 hours and some minutes to get enought latinum for the undine ship, and then the thing just disappeared after 15 minutes. Silly me, didn't know that it was a consumable.

Give it a cooldown. Cosumable is really lame.. I might have had the will to collect them all but.. if they're consumable, then there's really no reason.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-08-2010, 03:39 PM
Exactly. At at lest make it like red matter.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-08-2010, 04:02 PM
theres new stuff coming. The devs were asking people to post what they wanted in a thread
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-08-2010, 04:19 PM
Yeah, either cut the cost to 1/10th the current cost, or make them permanent. 15 minutes for 20k+ is ridiculous.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-08-2010, 04:57 PM
I think the prices are fair as well as the consumption time, because it's easy to get latinum in STO. Four of my characters already able to buy their own moon. :p

But I could see the Devs having it players buy player starships when private ships are implemented for traders. Unique weaponry, super batteries, special torpedoes, or powerful weaponry with recharge times.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-08-2010, 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
I think the prices are fair as well as the consumption time, because it's easy to get latinum in STO. Four of my characters already able to buy their own moon. :p

But I could see the Devs having it players buy player starships when private ships are implemented for traders. Unique weaponry, super batteries, special torpedoes, or powerful weaponry with recharge times.
How exactly is it easy to get latinum in STO?

You know, it might be even forgivable if the holoemitters had some sort of effect, like being able to do any cardassian mission without being bothered by other cardassian ships. But no, its plain cosmetic.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-08-2010, 09:16 PM
Very Easy to get latinum.

And that's what people thought about the holoemitters, but its mostly made for fun, not functionality.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-08-2010, 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruivo
How exactly is it easy to get latinum in STO?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Very Easy to get latinum.
You didn't answer the question. Dabo is a time sink. Pressing a button every 30 seconds is easy, but it takes time to build 115K. Or you have some other means? Please explain.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-08-2010, 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andargor
You didn't answer the question. Dabo is a time sink. Pressing a button every 30 seconds is easy, but it takes time to build 115K. Or you have some other means? Please explain.
It doesn't get any easier than sitting there doing nothing but pressing a button.
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-08-2010, 11:09 PM
After i realised the holoemitters were 15 minutes i got the first emitter which is the cargo ship and left ds9 with no plans to return.

That in my view is a failiure probbly on my half but it effectivly means that a time sink and money sink cryptic put into the game has been made a pointless waste of time.

IF the holoemiters had a 24 hour cool down after 15 minutes THEN i would be there screaming dabo and trying to collect all the emitters but as it is nah ill not bother thankyou very much,