Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
08-09-2010, 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awarkle View Post
After i realised the holoemitters were 15 minutes i got the first emitter which is the cargo ship and left ds9 with no plans to return.

That in my view is a failiure probbly on my half but it effectivly means that a time sink and money sink cryptic put into the game has been made a pointless waste of time.

IF the holoemiters had a 24 hour cool down after 15 minutes THEN i would be there screaming dabo and trying to collect all the emitters but as it is nah ill not bother thankyou very much,
I think they should be permanent and work like a cloak, minus the stealth, and disengage in combat with a short cooldown.
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-09-2010, 12:29 AM
I don't mid the consumable bit, but a one use considering the time spent is a bit off keel. 5 uses seems more reasonable to me.
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-09-2010, 12:31 AM
There definitely needs to be something changed. Any one of a number of things could do it:

Make the holoemitters permanent.

Make the holoemitters extremely cheaper.

Vastly increase the maximum bet size from the piddly current 100.

Vastly increase the odds of getting one of the high payout super-dabos.

As it stands, I spent almost an entire day of play doing dabo before I got enough to get the undine emitter. For it to only last 15 minutes after that is pretty much a slap in the face, and I can't imagine Dabo being used very much very soon.

A money sink only works if people thinks it's worth the effort. This much time for a piddly 15 minute holoemitter is not.

Basically, unless you get one of the superdabos, it takes literally HOURS to get there, with a highly negative payout rate.

I had 95k with maybe 30 regular dabos before I finally got a superdabo, and had been doing it for at least 6-8 hours.
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-09-2010, 12:58 AM
Happy I read this thread I was trying to get one but I wont waste the time if they can only be used once.
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-09-2010, 01:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiorra
Happy I read this thread I was trying to get one but I wont waste the time if they can only be used once.
You can use it more than once, it just has a 15 minute max duration.

IE: You can flip it on for 1 minute, turn it off, and it still has 14 minutes left.

Can flip it on and off as many times as you want, but once it's been on for a total of 15 minutes, POOFLE.
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-09-2010, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graptor View Post
There definitely needs to be something changed. Any one of a number of things could do it:

Make the holoemitters permanent.

Make the holoemitters extremely cheaper.

Vastly increase the maximum bet size from the piddly current 100.

Vastly increase the odds of getting one of the high payout super-dabos.

As it stands, I spent almost an entire day of play doing dabo before I got enough to get the undine emitter. For it to only last 15 minutes after that is pretty much a slap in the face, and I can't imagine Dabo being used very much very soon.

A money sink only works if people thinks it's worth the effort. This much time for a piddly 15 minute holoemitter is not.

Basically, unless you get one of the superdabos, it takes literally HOURS to get there, with a highly negative payout rate.

I had 95k with maybe 30 regular dabos before I finally got a superdabo, and had been doing it for at least 6-8 hours.

I'm still a fan of adding a High Roller table to the Captain's Table.

bets from 1,000 to 10,000, or even 100,000

Though the maximum bet on normal tables should be raised ot 1000.