Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
I realy liked the skydiveing scene from the movie that came out recently. I was hopeing that we could get a skydiveing mini game for the holodeck when it comes out(hopefully). basicaly you skydive in one of the suits from the movie, and you get accuracy points from hitting the target right as well as how quickly you get down, but you also lose points for not opening up the parishute in time and hitting the ground hard. the outfit would be a reward once you can spend a certain number of points total at a special store, as well as getting points from other minigames like flying a shuttlecraft through obstacles, and you could spend all the points on a bunch of rewards not just the suit. who else would like this?
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-08-2010, 05:56 PM
Sounds nice, only problem is that the suit would require every animation done for it, unless you want to count it as armor, and then they would be some clipping issues.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-08-2010, 06:00 PM
Cryptic doesnt have the ip for the new movie. So there's some legal questions there.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-08-2010, 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlyShoe
Cryptic doesnt have the ip for the new movie. So there's some legal questions there.
they probobly have some legal rights to use the content considering the outfit from the new movie is in the uniform poll
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-08-2010, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captin96
they probobly have some legal rights to use the content considering the outfit from the new movie is in the uniform poll
No, it isn't. Where are you getting that idea?
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-08-2010, 06:16 PM
well they used the elements of plot from the new movie several times, making references to events in the JJ timeline.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-08-2010, 06:20 PM
Technically, they've only made reference to things that happened on our half of the timeline. Once Spock and Nero went through the black hole, as far as we know they were dead. Everything before that happened in our reality, everything after that in another one. All the stuff in the other reality is never mentioned.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-08-2010, 06:21 PM
This is a great idea, but I think it might need lots lots lots of work to make it work in the game engine.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-08-2010, 06:59 PM
sorry I really can not support this. I would much rather see actual content then some dumb mini-game like this. This is Star Trek Online not Midway Arcade online. Want mini-games like this go to an arcade. Leave it out of STO.
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-08-2010, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captin96
That is what you call a "false statement".