Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMDestra
Hey there,

My understanding is that Ground Combat is on the Polish list for the next season. There is a big internal discussing different ideas. If you have any specific suggestions for what you'd like to see in Ground Combat, please feel free to post them.
Is there any possible way we could get a more substantial answer than this? What do you mean by polish? what specifically does it entail? Any answers would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-08-2010, 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Presbytier View Post
Is there any possible way we could get a more substantial answer than this? What do you mean by polish? what specifically does it entail? Any answers would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.
They want ground combat to be more like this.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-08-2010, 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
How disappointing, they already are like that.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-08-2010, 10:09 PM
Polish Folk Band uniforms will be available in the C-Store in 2.1 I thought?
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-09-2010, 12:42 AM
Quote:
AHHHHH so thats the secret project there working on is it
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-09-2010, 12:55 AM
Quote:
I think when they said it's in "internal discussing" they meant it's being discussed, internally.

I don't know how much more specific they could be on account of being, you know, an internal discussion (and apparently still preliminary)
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-09-2010, 12:57 AM
As long as this polish doesn't involve klingons, vito'd and borg one-shotting me.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-09-2010, 01:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
I think when they said it's in "internal discussing" they meant it's being discussed, internally.

I don't know how much more specific they could be on account of being, you know, an internal discussion (and apparently still preliminary)
Specific in the since they could let us know the direction they are looking at going. That way we could give them better feedback. We all know and realize that ground combat is just plain lousy, but it is equally bothersome when the same people who gave us bad ground combat in the first place want to revamp it without letting us know what direction they plan on taking it.

I am not dissing Cryptic. I just want to see ground combat become enjoyable since it is a core mechanic and unavoidable. I also want to know to what extant they plan on redoing/polishing ground combat. will it affect the way STF function? how will previous missions play out? I do realize that this is probably assuming to much, but hey I am a paying customer it is my right to aimlessly speculate to my hearts content.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-09-2010, 03:20 AM
Quote:
Specific in the since they could let us know the direction they are looking at going. That way we could give them better feedback. We all know and realize that ground combat is just plain lousy, but it is equally bothersome when the same people who gave us bad ground combat in the first place want to revamp it without letting us know what direction they plan on taking it.

I am not dissing Cryptic. I just want to see ground combat become enjoyable since it is a core mechanic and unavoidable. I also want to know to what extant they plan on redoing/polishing ground combat. will it affect the way STF function? how will previous missions play out? I do realize that this is probably assuming to much, but hey I am a paying customer it is my right to aimlessly speculate to my hearts content.
It's probably being discussed still.

I'm sure when they've narrowed it down quite a bit, they'll give us something to look at.
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-09-2010, 04:27 AM
Quote:
Sad thing is I'd rather watch that on loop for an hour than run a single ground mission at this point.