Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 C-store pricing
08-26-2010, 03:54 PM
I'm wondering. if the price for the retrofit ships was lowered to about $5 USD (I don't know the euro equivalant) would the players here be less PO'd?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
08-26-2010, 03:56 PM
NOÖ And itís because they are making me buy new goodies for cool when there are not yet enough cool goodies in the normal pay to play game.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
08-26-2010, 03:57 PM
I'd go from "this is the last straw" to a calm "cmon bring on the new content the C-store was meant to fund".

I wouldn't be a totally happy camper, but my sub wouldn't be cancelled either.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
08-26-2010, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by artic1337
I'd go from "this is the last straw" to a calm "cmon bring on the new content the C-store was meant to fund".

I wouldn't be a totally happy camper, but my sub wouldn't be cancelled either.
My thoughts exactly.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
08-26-2010, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by artic1337
I'd go from "this is the last straw" to a calm "cmon bring on the new content the C-store was meant to fund".

I wouldn't be a totally happy camper, but my sub wouldn't be cancelled either.
yeah, a whole month's worth of game is how much the Excelsior cost?

If they lose a sub due to this dumb decision, what's the loss on that when coupled with what they thought they were gaining with the Excelsior? $30 and then some?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
08-26-2010, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Element_0
NOÖ And itís because they are making me buy new goodies for cool when there are not yet enough cool goodies in the normal pay to play game.
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! making me buy new goodies for cool! LOL i love you man!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
08-26-2010, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorko1 View Post
yeah, a whole month's worth of game is how much the Excelsior cost?

If they lose a sub due to this dumb decision, what's the loss on that when coupled with what they thought they were gaining with the Excelsior? $30 and then some?
dont fool yourself thinking a cancelled sub will matter, financially, to Cryptic. The lost sub fees pale in comparison to the ch-ching they can rake in off the life support group of trekfans that will pay almost anything for things that remind them of their favorite ST moments.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
08-26-2010, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by artic1337
I'd go from "this is the last straw" to a calm "cmon bring on the new content the C-store was meant to fund".

I wouldn't be a totally happy camper, but my sub wouldn't be cancelled either.
So wait are you implying that you canceled your sub over the excelsior refit being a c-store item?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
08-26-2010, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by artic1337
dont fool yourself thinking a cancelled sub will matter, financially, to Cryptic. The lost sub fees pale in comparison to the ch-ching they can rake in off the life support group of trekfans that will pay almost anything for things that remind them of their favorite ST moments.
I think you overestimate the C-Store. dstahl has suggested that some items on there haven't made back the cost of the development that went into making them either due to price or maybe because they weren't really hotly demanded. I think the only races that were considered big successes on the C-Store were Caitians and Pakleds.

I also think that's why the C-Store seems more targeted at cheap to buy, simple reskins and big expensive things now.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
08-26-2010, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by artic1337
I'd go from "this is the last straw" to a calm "cmon bring on the new content the C-store was meant to fund".

I wouldn't be a totally happy camper, but my sub wouldn't be cancelled either.
I'd still be personally offended by the promises made and broken, especially given that I actually defended Cryptic's stated MT policies for the brief window in which STO actually adhered to them. I feel used.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:40 AM.