Lt. Commander
like the title says how long do they hold rights for star trek?
Is it only for MMO?
Can any other companys make a Star trek MMO?
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-08-2010, 09:16 PM
There's already another Trek browser based MMO coming.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-08-2010, 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Parallax
There's already another Trek browser based MMO coming.
Why CBS must you do this to the franchise?

Well it won't have anything from the movies in it so i'm not looking forward to it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-08-2010, 09:34 PM
From what I understand, Cryptic doesn't have the rights to Star Trek. CBS does. Any content that Cryptic makes has to be approved by CBS. That said, CBS could allow another MMO company do an MMO, but as long as STO is around, then the new MMO company would have to come up with a new name like Star Trek Universe Online or JJ Abram's Star Trek Online.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-08-2010, 09:45 PM
Good good, I hope someone does, I was looking at old info based on perpetuals work and it makes me sad that this is what came of it, there game looked alot better.

Maybee Bioware will do one after the new star wars hehe
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-08-2010, 09:46 PM
STO will likely be around for as long as it's profitable for CBS. License or no.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-08-2010, 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassidus View Post
Good good, I hope someone does, I was looking at old info based on perpetuals work and it makes me sad that this is what came of it, there game looked alot better.

Well good conceptarts do not make a game ... and what happend to Perpetual? Right they got busted.
I like the game as it is. Sure there is room for improvements but i'm looking forward to that.

MfG Michael
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-08-2010, 10:33 PM
Quote:
Your right they did have some awesome photo shopped "screen shots"

Quote:

Not likely since they have the Star wars license, and we are going to have this license for a long time. So don't worry the game is not going to lose it license. ( if you like it stick around, and if you don't like it then go play farm trek that is going to be released in about for face book. I hear you can mine for gold pressed latinum )

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlgoMike
Well good conceptarts do not make a game ... and what happend to Perpetual? Right they got busted.
I like the game as it is. Sure there is room for improvements but i'm looking forward to that.

MfG Michael
Bingo Not every game is for everyone. Just because you don't like the game doesn't mean someone else doesn't. If you don't like it then the game is not for you.

Now if you don't mind I'm off to go play CO... umm I mean STO.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-08-2010, 10:40 PM
grass is always greener on the other side of the fence right?

/wrists and goes all emo

Lt. Commander
# 10
08-08-2010, 10:56 PM
Quote:
Which is funny when you consider what the guy who wrote their game design documents had to say about Cryptic's version of STO: http://www.eldergame.com/2010/03/sto...ot-too-shabby/