Lt. Commander
# 1 Star Trek Nemesis
08-09-2010, 03:11 AM
In Champions Online there's a feature where you can create your own Nemesis at the 25th level. With special details on what kind of field they are in, their appearance, what their minions look like and much much more. These will then follow your character from that time on and interfereing in other missions by attacking you or give hints on finding clues on where the mastermind might be next so you can catch him/her. Ending in a huge 5 team end game Nemesis mission where all 5 player nemeses team up in one big mission.

This is something this game engine is built for. Star Trek have had it's fair share of nemeses haunting our beloved Starfleet Officers. The most noteworthy is Khan Noonien Sing.

I think it would be a great feature if you would bring this in to Star Trek Online. Although in a toned down scale pherhaps to better reflect how it was in Star Trek. What do the rest of you think about this suggestion?
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-09-2010, 07:06 AM
Having your PC have his own Kahn Singh is a pretty cool idea.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-09-2010, 08:51 AM
I'd love to have my own Gul Dukat trying to thwart me at a few missions. And sometimes even winning! Would certainly keep things interesting.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-09-2010, 08:56 AM
This is something i've wanted since i first used it in CO, though it doesn't seem to be something on Cryptics radar. They do that a lot unfortunately, there's quite a bit in CO that could help STO a great deal.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-09-2010, 09:38 AM
Quote:
In Champions Online there's a feature where you can create your own Nemesis at the 25th level. With special details on what kind of field they are in, their appearance, what their minions look like and much much more. These will then follow your character from that time on and interfereing in other missions by attacking you or give hints on finding clues on where the mastermind might be next so you can catch him/her...
/me likey

would have to be beatable eventually though.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-09-2010, 09:56 AM
Sure would be interesting.

And I would have lots of fun making my Nemesis.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-09-2010, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormoran View Post
This is something i've wanted since i first used it in CO, though it doesn't seem to be something on Cryptics radar. They do that a lot unfortunately, there's quite a bit in CO that could help STO a great deal.
Like a Fire Blast set and Regen.

Joking aside, the ability to block would do wonders. That just seems like it should have been a given.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-09-2010, 02:50 PM
Thought this thread was about that non-canon abortion of a movie.

Elaborate on your idea.

S*D
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-09-2010, 04:13 PM
Easiest way from a dev point of view would be to simply duplicate your current character, put them in the Mirror Universe costume and take it from there.

Ie.. Evil You, Evil Your Bridge Officers, Evil version of your starship etc..
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-09-2010, 11:24 PM
Yes, a Mirror Universe nemesis would be one way to go. Someone like Gul Dukat, Sela, Weyoun, Duras Sisters are other versions.