Lt. Commander
I really hate how incoming messages interrupt the anomaly scans.

anomaly scans are much easier when you use the arrow keys.... but it seems like half the time when I scan one, an incoming message pops up and seems to override the scan minigame.... the arrow keys dont work when they pop up.

please Cryptic, fix this....make it so incoming messages dont disable the arrow keys for the scan minigame.

pleeeeeeeeeease !

.thanks in advance.

-cgta
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-09-2010, 06:36 AM
You are not alone. The funny thing is this has already been fixed but they reintroduced the bug.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-09-2010, 06:45 AM
Sorry for the noob question, but what does the mini-game actually do? If I fail I still get stuff. If I win I get the same quality as if I lost (seemingly).
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-09-2010, 07:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrogdog View Post
Sorry for the noob question, but what does the mini-game actually do? If I fail I still get stuff. If I win I get the same quality as if I lost (seemingly).
If you're matching the wave-form, you should see the Data Anomaly Icon have a yellow star in one of the lower corners. If you do, that means you netted an extra anomaly or two. You usually get 1-3 data samples per standard scan. I'm getting 3-6 samples per scan when I match the waveform, and occasioanlly pick up a rare (not useful right now except for a "Aquired 10 Rare Samples" accolaide that may or may not be live yet.

The rares will (likely) be used in the Memory Alpha enhancement that's coming up.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-09-2010, 07:18 AM
Thanks. Yes, I see the yellow star.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-09-2010, 07:51 AM
The worst part about this bug is that it was acknowledged while on Tribble, yet still not fixed before it went live. Kind of makes you wonder what Tribble is even for.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-09-2010, 07:56 AM
Yes, I agree with OP.