Lt. Commander
# 11
08-09-2010, 08:38 AM
If this game had real big PvP me and many others would PvP alot more.Just tired of the same instanced maps.
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-09-2010, 09:43 AM
One suggestion a team mate (in a recent PvP match of all places =P ) made was that only one instance of a given match should be listed at a time.

That way you avoid having 2 - X instances of a space arena up with 1-2 people per instance. Put them all in the same instance set up and launch when the setup reqs have been met.

Do that for all queue types.

Also don't forget that you might not see much in the way of matches for your level band. You only see matches appropriate for your level. Thus you do not see the whole picture of PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-09-2010, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blenda
Of all the many MMOs I play, I have found the STO player base to be the most anti-PvP.
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~InfoNinja
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-09-2010, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
they have said they plan to adjust the minimum numbers required and it looks like we will soon have the ability to set custom matches

1v1, or 2v2 etc to get quicker games going
This is already in game. I've been doing 1v1 for the last couple days. Makes doing the PvP dailies SO much more enjoyable. I much prefer playing ONLY with the people I know rather than those 10v10 cap 'n hold matches which can sometimes go on for an hour.

I have no idea when they made the switch as nowhere was it listed. I happened to read about it in the PvP forums and tried it out and it works. Both 1v1 FvK and FvF. I haven't played around too much but it appears you can set up any combination of players.