Lt. Commander
# 1 ablative armor? and more
08-09-2010, 07:19 AM
What is the purpose of Ablative Armor? You can not fire your weapons when you use it. I guess it lets you survive for 30 more seconds. Maybe to heal? To escape? Who knows? That really does your mates no good. Another thing with my refit is the personel trays. I use to have numbers 1 thru 0 when I am on two trays now I have 1 thru 8. It is nice to have all those powers and no place to put them. PVP fixed yet? Yesterday I waited for 40 minutes to get one and it lasted 4 minutes tops. Cleaned out one room of bad guys and it was over. I think I will go on vacation. Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 2 torpedoes?
08-09-2010, 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixlr8 View Post
What is the purpose of Ablative Armor? You can not fire your weapons when you use it. I guess it lets you survive for 30 more seconds. Maybe to heal? To escape? Who knows? That really does your mates no good. Another thing with my refit is the personel trays. I use to have numbers 1 thru 0 when I am on two trays now I have 1 thru 8. It is nice to have all those powers and no place to put them. PVP fixed yet? Yesterday I waited for 40 minutes to get one and it lasted 4 minutes tops. Cleaned out one room of bad guys and it was over. I think I will go on vacation. Thanks.
Cant you fire torpedoes with the armor on?
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-09-2010, 10:58 AM
Yes you can fire torpedos, you can also use all your abilties. At the moment ideas for changes are being thrown around in the science ships section of the forums.

The main objective of deployable hull armour is that it takes damage away from your shields with a high amount of resist allowing you to pump out your abilities in relative safety, as some people have begun to call it, its a 30 second tank (as with the right abilities you can make yourself invincible for 30 seconds).
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-10-2010, 12:38 AM
It fails to deploy (or at least show up) about 75% of the time when it is used. I've bug reported it. Bug report# 945490. It's not bad when it works. The cool down should be a little lower however, or they should allow you to use non-torpedo weapons when it is deployed.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-10-2010, 06:29 AM
Does wonder sin PvP. It is nearly invincible and escapes.