Lt. Commander
Season 2 added a lot of content, and I will admit Iím very happy with most of the additions. That is not what this thread is about. I was really looking forward to playing Season 2 with my wife, with whom I have played most of the game. But it seems like S2 has turned this into a single player game, and my wife and I arenít able to play together and have fun. Does anyone know if these changes are ďworking as intendedĒ or are broken and being fixed?

1) Canít play Aid the Planet Missions together. It always puts us in separate instances now and we can never complete them together. Furthermore, since I always carry all the commodities, when my wife leaves the mission to get them from me, she canít get back in. Thus we both have to cancel the mission. This was the part of the game I really enjoyed prior to Season 2.

2) Diplomatic Missions canít be done as a team. For example, on the K-7 mission, we canít coordinate and try different combinations together. Instead, it became one of us run through the mission while the other waits, then pass on the winning combo. I could say the same thing about Vulcan and Bajor. It would be a lot better if we can both get credit when the other finds a solution (or fails the mission), since it requires more teamwork. Iím looking specifically at the Bajor mission, which had great potential.

3) Diplomacy is boring.
The diplomatic missions canít be played as a group, not even star cluster missions it seems, so I either have to leave my wife to play alone or not do them. So Iíve nearly given up on diplomacy at this point.

4) Nothing to grind towards. With ships and big items all costing emblems, which I can only collect so many per day, makes it pointless to grind since Iíll be doing it for months before I get anything worthwhile. This is the only thing that current works as a team, and I find myself completely devoid of interest in completing these.

5) Bítran too crowded.
The strategy to exploration in Bítran is to find an instance anomaly, and sit still and spam ďFĒ as fast as you can, hopefully hitting the key before the other three ships sitting at the same location can hit their ďFĒ key. It makes griding credits / emblems / equipment boring and frustrating and takes an hour to complete 3 missions sometimes.

6) Dabo requires energy credits. This in itself is a good thing, until you run out and have to deal with point #5. Itís also the one thing my wife and I can do together, so itís heartbreaking when Iím out of money.

Am I alone on these? Is this what the devís want to happen (and therefore do I need to change my playing style)? Or should I just be patient?
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-09-2010, 08:22 AM
Once you have latinum, you can bet latinum at Dabo.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-09-2010, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobayashi Maru
..... Itís also the one thing my wife and I can do together, so itís heartbreaking when Iím out of money.
heartbreaking ?

are you sure you chose the right word ?

lol.

Lt. Commander
# 4
08-09-2010, 09:42 AM
Just to clarify, you never have to have commodies in your inventory to finish the Aid the PLanet missions. You can have them in your bank and it still counts.

That doesn't exactly solve the two-character problem, however the fact that you can't team up in certain missions right now IS a bug (namely the exploration clusters)
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-09-2010, 09:51 AM
Quote:
6) Dabo requires energy credits. This in itself is a good thing, until you run out and have to deal with point #5. Itís also the one thing my wife and I can do together, so itís heartbreaking when Iím out of money.

1) Canít play Aid the Planet Missions together. It always puts us in separate instances now and we can never complete them together. Furthermore, since I always carry all the commodities, when my wife leaves the mission to get them from me, she canít get back in. Thus we both have to cancel the mission. This was the part of the game I really enjoyed prior to Season 2.
How poor are you in game? I went to the Dabo tables with 750K and left with 620K and had made 120 latinum and gotten most of the achievments. And I don't consider myself a wealthy player!

As for Aid the planet, you DO know you can replicate any of the Aid the Planet stuff from your ship replicator, right? Neither of you leave the instance, if you don't have the item, before you accept the missions (minimize the box with the alien in it after you find out how many of what Item he wants) go into your inventory and click on the replicator. Then replicate the necessary items, then open the box again and accept the mission and then immediately finish it
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-09-2010, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangover_Boy
Just to clarify, you never have to have commodies in your inventory to finish the Aid the PLanet missions. You can have them in your bank and it still counts.
or you can just replicate them
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-09-2010, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Why leave the mission to get commodities? Just replicate them. As for separate instances, that is an overall problem with several exploration mission types and they have stated they are working on it.

Quote:
2) Diplomatic Missions canít be done as a team. For example, on the K-7 mission, we canít coordinate and try different combinations together. Instead, it became one of us run through the mission while the other waits, then pass on the winning combo. I could say the same thing about Vulcan and Bajor. It would be a lot better if we can both get credit when the other finds a solution (or fails the mission), since it requires more teamwork. Iím looking specifically at the Bajor mission, which had great potential.
No, but it is an early system that can be expanded upon. And I am sorry if you simply don't enjoy thought problems, but if that is the case do other missions. However, your name would imply you do... in which case I would simply recommend patience.

Quote:

3) Diplomacy is boring.
The diplomatic missions canít be played as a group, not even star cluster missions it seems, so I either have to leave my wife to play alone or not do them. So Iíve nearly given up on diplomacy at this point.
As stated earlier Cryptic is working on this issue.

Quote:
4) Nothing to grind towards. With ships and big items all costing emblems, which I can only collect so many per day, makes it pointless to grind since Iíll be doing it for months before I get anything worthwhile. This is the only thing that current works as a team, and I find myself completely devoid of interest in completing these.
Hrm... I can usually get enough emblems to get an item every other day or every three days. You must be doing these wrong. You do realize the normal VA exploration mission offers 1 emblem each time you complete it, and a 30 min cooldown means you can usually just jump from one to another with little latency.

Quote:
5) Bítran too crowded. The strategy to exploration in Bítran is to find an instance anomaly, and sit still and spam ďFĒ as fast as you can, hopefully hitting the key before the other three ships sitting at the same location can hit their ďFĒ key. It makes griding credits / emblems / equipment boring and frustrating and takes an hour to complete 3 missions sometimes.
They have said they want to make exploration more interesting and they are rethinking it and revamping it, I would suggest reading devs posts and engineering reports.

Quote:
WOW, you must be a Ferengi dream... and really suck at Dabo. Dabo is like a combination of roulette and slots, with visible mathematical combinations. 36 slots, across three wheel, meaning probabilities are somewhere in the area of 36 to the third power. You can usually convert less then 200k in EC to Latinum then go back to betting with latinum. With all gambling there is going to be a loss, and an element of risk. So you have to wager risk vs reward.

Quote:
Am I alone on these? Is this what the devís want to happen (and therefore do I need to change my playing style)? Or should I just be patient?
Be patient. It sounds like much of your complaining is simply inexperience, I am not saying you don't have some valid points... but most of the issues have already been addressed by various devs. The real issue is this. It takes them longer to make content, then it does for most players to play through it. So they need to build content that will hold the players attention long enough to build new content, or increase the rate at which they build content. Both of these things are very hard to do. I would like to see a lot more content, I love diplomacy and was able to work through most of it very quickly, as Aslan can attest to. I would like to see a lot more. I would like to see more depth in exploration. And it is a good idea to voice these concerns, particularly in the Tribble section of the forum where the devs really listen to it. But the main thing is patience, they are aware of most of the current issues and player concerns, but there is only so fast they can work... unfortunately.