Lt. Commander
# 11
08-14-2010, 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martok42 View Post
There is a Klingon mission where your ship is a Danube Runabout, it's the same principal.
I'm not sure I follow the logic here. The ship is actually a danube you only have one BO skill it is not like they just reskinned whatever ship you happened to be flying as a runabout, so for that mission they had to actually code the runabout. While I'm sure not immensely time consuming it still took time.
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-14-2010, 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegiance86
Im really not sure I like the mission you proposed. But definitely the idea of STFs for the Diplomatic side of this game. It would create more depth and even give this game the content it needs.
I've wanted a Diplomatic STF as well.

Maybe splice in some combat but have it center around coordinating a 5 person delegation at a conference. We'd work together, split up, have to do some things at the same time and stop an assassination.

Model it on the second half of Star Trek VII.

Might also be interesting to make the ground part come first.
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-14-2010, 07:13 PM
I like the idea. It would also be really cool to have part of the missions happening in sick bay, where you and your boffs are altered to look like the planet's inhabitants.
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-14-2010, 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varrangian View Post
I'm not sure I follow the logic here. The ship is actually a danube you only have one BO skill it is not like they just reskinned whatever ship you happened to be flying as a runabout, so for that mission they had to actually code the runabout. While I'm sure not immensely time consuming it still took time.
I just mean there is a mission where your Character, (in this case a characters ship) is changed for the duration of that mission. That's all.
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-15-2010, 06:47 AM
you get my full /signed on this idea,
i'd like to see it ingame!