Lt. Commander
# 1 Why 2 B'Tran's?
08-09-2010, 05:16 PM
Just Curious why Cryptic went with B'Tran Cluster(Vice Admiral) instead of leaving B'Tran as is and Tacking a new Unexplored Star cluster off the Gamma Orionis secor block for VA's? Surely this could not have been much more difficult thatn Stacking B'Tran, and may vary well have prevented some of the bugs we have been seeing in B'Tran. This Is not a flame BTW just an honest question. I would have much rather had another star cluster entirely.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-09-2010, 05:35 PM
One is to level up rear admirals and the other is emblems for vice admirals.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-09-2010, 05:50 PM
IMO the B'Tran (ViceAdmiral) zone is a placeholder for an exploration sector that should've been added to the new Pelia sector block. However, since they must not have had time to make a zone that would match the look of something like the Pelia sector, they just cloned B'Tran instead.

Devs have also said several times that they're looking at reworking the entire way exploration works. If it's as extensive of a change as I'm hoping it is, then it would've been pointless to put in the time to create a new zone when the entire thing may be getting scrapped soon.

Perhaps they'll change the way exploration works to be random locations that have a chance to activate when you get near them in regular sector space and get rid of the separate zones entirely.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-09-2010, 07:26 PM
I got an idea how to make Exploration very fun an interesting. But got to work out the details in the presentation.

But in the mean time, I think it would've been better just to have left B'Tran and Marks alone and simply exchange for emblems for VAs for the Mk XI store.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-09-2010, 10:05 PM
Somebody went warp 100 across it and tore space in two, dang Hirogen and their souped-up spaceships!
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-10-2010, 03:09 AM
I think they made a separate B'Tran to handle the potential overload of VA's farming Emblems. Remember kiddies, Cryptic loves Instancing to solve Server Load/Cost Issues.
Lt. Commander
# 7 More work..
08-10-2010, 05:10 AM
To double the amount of work they must do. Only thing need to done was to quest. That's it. They need to stop pretending there as good as the WOW programs. Tribble needs to have a exact copy of the program as it will be released.