Lt. Commander
# 1 PVP: Who REALLY cares?
08-09-2010, 05:14 PM
This game has come along way and passed through many stages. There was the initialpoint where feds were so afraid of VM they would tell me "hey we already know whats going to happen and dont want to even bother trying"

If you have that attitude I dont want your help with this proposal and I dont want to see you at all in the game or anywhere.

We have since been inundated with several waves of crushingnerfs and mechanics alterations, buti n my mind pvp is alive and well and as fun if not more fun than it ever was. The moral of the story and the purpose of this post is that we need to WORK together and improve OUR game to improve the game.

So lets hear it.. is anyone out there anymore. Do you have a thirst for fulfilling engaging difficult and challenging pvp combat!? Do you seek out the hardest enemies to match your wits and skills against. DO YOU FEAR NOT DEATH (in a game with no penalty of dying...)?

I already know many peoplei n the game who have the appropriate attitude that has lost its popularity. Basically we need people who give a ****. Who arent in it for epeen glory or ego stroke or to proclaim their fleet as the best. We need people who are willing to put the time in and help to organize the many fleets, characters, and individual players capable of enhancing pvp for everyone. The better everyone gets in terms of understanding game mechanics and battle experience, the higher quality of pvp for all.

Thus in this vein I ask to all of you who is here to put the time in to make things happen? clearly you are already in the game, the many fleet leaders who have been or are still in the OrganizedPVP chat and PremadePVP chat channel, who regulary use these fine tools to help their fleets (and enemies) to glorious battle. But I am certin many people enjoy high quality pvp and have yet to pass thru these circles or have came and left out of anger or frustration. So the question is: WE WANT BETTER PVP, WHO HERE IS WILLING TO HELP MAKE THAT HAPPEN!?

<S>
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-09-2010, 06:01 PM
I care WHEN i can finally enter a freaking game...
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-09-2010, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorgald View Post
I care WHEN i can finally enter a freaking game...
well friend i can help you find games on your own valition, as that is the idea. no player who seeks high game combat should have to wait if you ask me. i am sure there are people in the game right now, teams or single individuals, who would be happy to engage you.

stay positive and think outside the q box
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-09-2010, 07:15 PM
Mini, I understand the point of the thread and there are many PvP icons of this game who are still around and still compete. But the reality is when someone asks the question "who is willing to make PvP better" or "who is willing to work to improve PvP" the very first people to raise their hands should be Cryptic. As long as Cryptic continues to cater to average players, PvE "Captain Kirk's," and role-players because they pay their monthlies on a far greater numerical scale than do hardcore PvP'ers the PvP gameplay in STO will have major issues. As long as Cryptic continues to prove they have no idea how to create or maintain a functional queue system, the PvP gameplay in STO will have issues. As long as Cryptic continues to "dumb down" the game and insist on a standard of play set by the lowest common denominator, the PvP gameplay in STO will have issues.

I'm all for better PvP...the problem is it's easier to consistently find it elsewhere. If I spend ten hours in queue for every ten minutes of gameplay, something is drastically wrong. I only enjoy PvP in this game. Once that is utterly destroyed by Cryptic what is left for my monthly subscription and support of these gentleman's paychecks? For all the enjoyment I get out of STO's horrendous PvP system in its current state, I'd be better off wrapping a $5 and a $10 bill around my d!ck and jerking off...it'd feel better, I wouldn't have to sit around in queue for hours waiting for it to happen, and I'm guaranteed a smile on my face after (lotion not included...500 C-Store points required).
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-09-2010, 08:07 PM
Great reply Bounty,

And I agree the first person who should have there hand up is CRYPTIC they are the designers,

But Im willing to help out in any way I can because PvP is the only thing I do on STO now Im strictly
playing my Klingon and thats all we have so anything that makes it better is better for me.

I pay my monthly sub like everyone else and since they made the klingons a "PvP Faction" then I
think PvP should get just as much attention as PvE content.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-09-2010, 08:49 PM
While it may not be their highest priority and they may be slow to act, I for one choose to stay positive and hope for the best and look at the bright side. Even ifwe are the forgotten dogs of the game, we should not bite the hand of those who offer us proverbial table scraps. One HUGE improvement is the functionality of the private q system for any player number. That alone gives me personal satisfaction beyond the whole of "klingon content" added from day 1.

But thats just me I am easy to please and do not need the entire game to be dedicated to my favorite part of it. And I further insist that those who believe the game will "do the work for them" are sorely mistaken. Seeking out a hard road and exceptional pvp combat experience is not for the faint of heart. The point is this: there are people willing to help and make up for what cryptic has failed (so far) to provide. The point is not to be mad and flame, but instead to work with what we have and strive to help create a better world of our own manifestation.

We can have our own q. We can have our own gamespy "chat" lobby. We can arrange tournaments. And imho we better because we all know what happens when you let someone else to your job, you get inferior products up to someone elses standards.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-09-2010, 09:29 PM
i really care.
i miss the good ole days.
better ones around the corner-we hope.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-09-2010, 10:40 PM
It's gotten to the point where we (7th Core) almost don't bother to ask in PremadePvP if there's any premades on. We rarely get a response, not even a "sorry, we've only got four guys on". I think our best bet is with more organized PvP tourneys.

Edit: (it's late, forgot to add this) Part of the reason probably is that we're all on late. A bunch of our guys are west coast so we tend to get the most people on around 10 EST.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-09-2010, 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar_Ko
It's gotten to the point where we (7th Core) almost don't bother to ask in PremadePvP if there's any premades on. We rarely get a response, not even a "sorry, we've only got four guys on". I think our best bet is with more organized PvP tourneys.
im working on a solution to this serious problem at this exact moment. stay tuned
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-10-2010, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar_Ko

Edit: (it's late, forgot to add this) Part of the reason probably is that we're all on late. A bunch of our guys are west coast so we tend to get the most people on around 10 EST.
you guys do ground or space? last couple night us Lt Gen CHC guys have had a team of 6 looking for ground around 10est, but the only groups we went against were pugs i think. most of the CHC guys are on earlier too, that's towards the end of the night, but if you're interested look us up.