Lt. Commander
# 11
08-10-2010, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bran_Mak_Morrn View Post
you guys do ground or space? last couple night us Lt Gen CHC guys have had a team of 6 looking for ground around 10est, but the only groups we went against were pugs i think. most of the CHC guys are on earlier too, that's towards the end of the night, but if you're interested look us up.
7th Core's focus is space combat. As it is right now most people seem to be leveling their toons and collecting emblems. It's made for some really boring nights lately on the pvp front. But once everyone is loaded up with the new gear it will go back to normal. Minimax is starting a new channel that may help out but for now it's going to be pug time.
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-10-2010, 10:10 AM
I care.
I care because I find great enjoyment in tasking myself to combat against a "thinking" opponent as oppossed to the less-than-challenging AI of PvE.
I may suck at pvp at times, but win-lose-draw, I still want to have fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BountyXP View Post
For all the enjoyment I get out of STO's horrendous PvP system in its current state, I'd be better off wrapping a $5 and a $10 bill around my d!ck and jerking off...it'd feel better, I wouldn't have to sit around in queue for hours waiting for it to happen, and I'm guaranteed a smile on my face after (lotion not included...500 C-Store points required).
Sigh-lol. Another image permantly burned into my memory - thanks Bounty! :p
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-10-2010, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
I care.
I care because I find great enjoyment in tasking myself to combat against a "thinking" opponent as oppossed to the less-than-challenging AI of PvE.
I may suck at pvp at times, but win-lose-draw, I still want to have fun.
Welp youre in luck because the new OPVP channel is for people just liek you (us) who may not have a solid full 5 man team at every moment but are still interested in PVP. The idea is a place for fleets to send available interested pvpers to form up with eachother in the aim of a better battle. Give it time the solutions are coming, whther the pvp q fix takes this weekend, or not. WE WILL HAVE OUR PVP!
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-10-2010, 10:38 AM
I care about the Space PVP. Because it's more fun then doing Explorations, or the occational STF (Haven't done one in probobly 2+ months actually)

And I'm also hoping that in a Year from now I can look back on my thoughts of the good old days and remember when bounty was giving everyone images that we didn't want, but were probobly more fun then the broken queue system..
Lt. Commander
# 15 i dig pvp
08-10-2010, 11:34 AM
Hey I love pvp...ESPECIALLY Ground PVP.

I made a KDF Alien last week, my little "Ka'Zol" and I've been tearing up the lt., and lt.c ranks in ground-pvp (and space, but I'll take ground over space ANY DAY - though I do still like space PVP as well)

While I'm at it though, I'd like to express why I think Ground PVP makes more sense from an RP perspective then Space PVP:

The Space PvP Arena zones are basically a little bubble of space that we fight over, and its surrounded by trans-warp conduits...it just aesthetically doesn't make any sense. Seriously, the zones all look a little contorted with the conduits. Sure, they're spawn points - and thats cool cause you gotta respawn - but they dont need the big ugly conduits all over the place.

Ground-PVP makes sense because both teams show up to check on "whatever" and fight over the area. That i can dig. And there's nothing cooler then sneaking up behind someone, buffing up crazy, and two shotting them to tears.

However: Both of these systems would work so much better if they were open world pvp. For example, the federali's are doing their patrol missions - and who shows up? The KDF to stop them. I know, it would cause many people to cry in grief...

But sometimes the tears are all I need. =)

Anyway, in conclusion - as long as the Que's work, I totally dig PVP. I do it all day long if I can get in. Nothing sucks more then the Que's getting all ***ored and not permitting engagement. That gives me tears.
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-10-2010, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bran_Mak_Morrn View Post
you guys do ground or space? last couple night us Lt Gen CHC guys have had a team of 6 looking for ground around 10est, but the only groups we went against were pugs i think. most of the CHC guys are on earlier too, that's towards the end of the night, but if you're interested look us up.
Many of us log early since pvp seems dead.
Lt. Commander
# 17
08-11-2010, 01:29 AM
Hmm.. This might get a little longwinded, but what the hell...

The main problem as I see it, is not ONE issue, but rather several small issues, that combined is killing PvP.

Split of players:

Private matches, premade channels, "PvP fleets" that wont play without their regular teammates versus Casual PUGs - For every time someone have a "set of circumstances" that they want fulfilled, before they play - You lose a few matches/players.. If the population is split in two (private premade / Open PUG) you take a allready relatively small PvP population and split it in two: Both sides miss out on the games.

I know this probably wont sit well with the "elite" PvPers (of which I am definately not - Im a pretty decent PvPer, but hardly "elite") Premades/private matches should be limited to organized tournaments, daily PvP should *not* be based on premade groups - the people that normally do premades, should suck up to the casuals - group with them, PvP with them.

Mindset of players:

Premade oriented Min-max'ers - Casual PvPers - "fake" PvPers (the ones that just enter the game to get their tokens/money as fast as possible - unshielded ships, Danubes and players that park for free kills)

The "fakes" are easily dealt with - Stop or severly limit payouts for players with little or no score - If they need X score, they will have to play, or find alternate sources of income. win/win

Allready touched the problem with premade/min-max'ers and casuals - Stop making premades or private games, it isnt helping the PvP activity, possibly disable premade groups entirely outside Cryptic endorced/hosted events/tournys. 5 premade groups of 3-4 players in a que wont get any games started.

Abusive players:

The ones that verbally attacks/flames other players - Ive seen everything from entire premade groups to individual good players in a PUG - to crappy players teaming with good PvPers, be abusive in a match.. These people should be excluded whenever possible - Dont team with them, dont support them, if you find yourself in a game with a known group of them, leave the match (the minimum score needed for payout, will make this a waste as much for them as for the leaving players) It *should* minimize these insidents.

Help them help yourself:

Every decent+ PvP player are interested in a good match.. If you find yourself in a game with an obvious newbie - Help them, ask to their loadout/BO setup - If they improve, the overall PvP experience improves.
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-11-2010, 04:22 AM
lol

yes excluding players is a good way to have more players

lol

and then the select can all play like we "should" play.

lol
Lt. Commander
# 19
08-11-2010, 04:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by attacko
lol

yes excluding players is a good way to have more players

lol

and then the select can all play like we "should" play.

lol
You know.. Those 'lol's make you look like a schoolgirl sms'ing :p

The point was that abusive players will often discourage other players.

Example:

Newbie Joe enters his first PvP match, he is slaughtered - From the beginning of the match to the end all he reads in chat is "LOL U SUCK NUB LOL LOL LOL" or stuff to that effect.. While this doesnt bother all people, it does bother some.

If instead another player told him "You know, I notice that you use 4 different beam weapons - Its better to stick to one, and skill that" or "Your Exploration Cruiser seems to die far faster than normal, what kinda shield and BOff Skills are you using?" they would most likely be encouraged and try this out, possibly becoming a regular PvPer.

Sacrificing 2 moronic players and gaining 5 new is a good trade imo.

And who knows, those abusive players might learn that being an ass isnt going to help them much :p
Lt. Commander
# 20
08-11-2010, 06:46 AM
"You know.. Those 'lol's make you look like a schoolgirl sms'ing

The point was that abusive players will often discourage other players
."

lol

irony

the argeument that people will not play player vs player matches because some one swore is flimsy at best, and lol at worst