Lt. Commander
# 21
08-11-2010, 06:55 AM
lol iīm all for it... make PvP PuG only
no grouping possible. yay!
you wanna play with your friends, nah thats bad for the game.
use teamwork? nah thats abusive and OP.
stop grouping in PvP...
go PuG, but donīt group! help the game. stop staying close to healers cause they will heal you...
Lt. Commander
# 22
08-11-2010, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by attacko
"You know.. Those 'lol's make you look like a schoolgirl sms'ing

The point was that abusive players will often discourage other players
."

lol

irony

the argeument that people will not play player vs player matches because some one swore is flimsy at best, and lol at worst
Im not talking about someone overreacting.. Happens to all of us.. Im talking about the ones that go out of their way to bash their opponents verbally .. Match after match after match..

I was in a good T4 PUG the other day, we had 4 good players and this one that didnt really contribute (5-7 matches in this group - he averaged at maybe 30-40k damage and the same in heals) the 4 good players carried him through and he was the one that constantly brainfarted in zone.. He was asked to stop it in team several times, yet he persisted.. When the 4 people in his group is fed up with him after a couple of matches, how do you think the Feds react?
Lt. Commander
# 23
08-11-2010, 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellfxxx
lol iīm all for it... make PvP PuG only
no grouping possible. yay!
you wanna play with your friends, nah thats bad for the game.
use teamwork? nah thats abusive and OP.
stop grouping in PvP...
go PuG, but donīt group! help the game. stop staying close to healers cause they will heal you...
As long as the PvP activity isnt very high, splitting the population in two is bad..

Rolling with your ubxor premade team of min-max'ers against a PUG of newbies cant really make for very interesting matches now, can it?

Thats all Im saying.

I get that you like to play with your friends (heh, sounded wrong, no offense) - Maybe a compromize: Teams are allowed, but if ques are messed up (like 5 teams of 3 players, each waiting on 2 PUs) split a team if needed, to fill another..

Would that work?

*note* I knew this wouldnt fly with certain players :p
Lt. Commander
# 24
08-11-2010, 07:53 AM
i actually get what your saying, and alot of it is true, i can also kind of understand the argument.
but on the ohterhand it would be as vialbe to say that PuGs are bad for the game because they donīt group or put up a bad fight, which is not challengeing and fun at all. so in the long run good premades will leave the game (most have taken a break anyway or left), which will just leave bad quality PvP left, which noone will enjoy. and that will ultimately well repeat itself until the pvp part of the game is dead.
Lt. Commander
# 25
08-11-2010, 07:57 AM
I donīt play pvp at all. Maybe i would if the system in STO wouldnīt suck. For all those hardcore pvp fans, i wish that the issues get resolved and they can blow up each other and have fun doing so.
Lt. Commander
# 26
08-11-2010, 08:02 AM
the thing people need to understand about PvP is that as long as you donīt have any kind of ranking system that matches you up with equal opponents, you will always meet "hardcore" PvPers, who will destroy you leaving you very little chances. that can be frustrating.
Lt. Commander
# 27
08-11-2010, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellfxxx
i actually get what your saying, and alot of it is true, i can also kind of understand the argument.
but on the ohterhand it would be as vialbe to say that PuGs are bad for the game because they donīt group or put up a bad fight, which is not challengeing and fun at all. so in the long run good premades will leave the game (most have taken a break anyway or left), which will just leave bad quality PvP left, which noone will enjoy. and that will ultimately well repeat itself until the pvp part of the game is dead.
Putting up a bad fight is where the friendly suggestions (replacing the "LOL NUB" comments) regarding loadouts will help...

To quote someone : "Being unsuccessful is not the same as failure, giving up is what makes it permanent"

Will a little help, they might not "give up", and the PvP population will rise.

Autogrouping teams in PvP matches will help, and when the newer players practice they will get better.. A lot of them needs encouragement and help though.
Lt. Commander
# 28
08-11-2010, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post
Putting up a bad fight is where the friendly suggestions (replacing the "LOL NUB" comments) regarding loadouts will help...

To quote someone : "Being unsuccessful is not the same as failure, giving up is what makes it permanent"

Will a little help, they might not "give up", and the PvP population will rise.

Autogrouping teams in PvP matches will help, and when the newer players practice they will get better.. A lot of them needs encouragement and help though.
iīd agree with you, if just anyone would ever ask for help it would help.
but the general reaction of players losing to a premade is not: help us plz!
itīs more: leave you asses, you team up thatīs unfair.
Lt. Commander
# 29
08-11-2010, 09:04 AM
I've only recently (as in this week) tried to get into some PvP. My fed character is now Captain 1 and I thought I'd better get some PvP practise in before hitting RA on the grounds that if I entered PvP at RA level as a Noob, I'd get beaten comprehensively.

First problem I've had is the broken PvP queuing system which means that half the time I get an error trying to start the match ("you are not in the queue" or "not enough people accepted the match" - why queue up if you are not going to accept the match when its available?). This leaves you wondering if it is going to be worth the bother and whether its not easier just to go back and do PVE.

Have only actually made it into a few matches but made a point of inviting all the players I could see into a team right at the start, so that I could find them easier. We won the first match and I was pleased to see I was 3rd on damage dealt and 1st on healing for my team. Lost the next one - the Klingons definitely seemed better organised and I know I got distracted trying to kill one target rather than picking the best target at that particular moment or helping my team (I'm an engineer in a cruiser). Seemed a reasonably close fight though and I will be back for more.

Did notice there was zero team chat during the matches I was in, gets a bit hectic and don't necessarily have time to type mid battle, so would think a premade using vent would have a huge advantage over a PUG.

With the limited numbers available to PvP at the moment, anything that splits them up further has got to be questionable but some form of ranking so that as a newbie, you can be reasonably assured that you are not going to meet some Uber killer in your first match has got to be worth looking at in future.

Have tried and failed three evenings in a row to get my LT Klingon into a PvP match. The last time, was looking good as I got the loading screen to transfer maps ready to start, only to find myself suddenly standing in the Great Hall of Qo'nos (I'd been in an explore mission elsewhere when I accepted the match - can I call a cab to take me to my ship please!). Strangely, when trying to /bug that one, I got disconnected from the server three times in a row when clicking the "submit" button on the bug report screen. One way to keep the number of new bug reports down, or perhaps Cryptic's bug database is full!

So there are some of us trying to get into PvP but Cryptic isn't making it easy and I can see a lot of the less persistent people giving up on PvP altogether.
Lt. Commander
# 30 Pvp
08-11-2010, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmoeJoe
This game has come along way and passed through many stages. There was the initialpoint where feds were so afraid of VM they would tell me "hey we already know whats going to happen and dont want to even bother trying"

If you have that attitude I dont want your help with this proposal and I dont want to see you at all in the game or anywhere.

We have since been inundated with several waves of crushingnerfs and mechanics alterations, buti n my mind pvp is alive and well and as fun if not more fun than it ever was. The moral of the story and the purpose of this post is that we need to WORK together and improve OUR game to improve the game.

So lets hear it.. is anyone out there anymore. Do you have a thirst for fulfilling engaging difficult and challenging pvp combat!? Do you seek out the hardest enemies to match your wits and skills against. DO YOU FEAR NOT DEATH (in a game with no penalty of dying...)?

I already know many peoplei n the game who have the appropriate attitude that has lost its popularity. Basically we need people who give a ****. Who arent in it for epeen glory or ego stroke or to proclaim their fleet as the best. We need people who are willing to put the time in and help to organize the many fleets, characters, and individual players capable of enhancing pvp for everyone. The better everyone gets in terms of understanding game mechanics and battle experience, the higher quality of pvp for all.

Thus in this vein I ask to all of you who is here to put the time in to make things happen? clearly you are already in the game, the many fleet leaders who have been or are still in the OrganizedPVP chat and PremadePVP chat channel, who regulary use these fine tools to help their fleets (and enemies) to glorious battle. But I am certin many people enjoy high quality pvp and have yet to pass thru these circles or have came and left out of anger or frustration. So the question is: WE WANT BETTER PVP, WHO HERE IS WILLING TO HELP MAKE THAT HAPPEN!?

<S>
Look

I have played pvp first person shooters since Doom, Nam, and Duke Nuke 3d. I was the 1997 Gencon Doom chanp with 97 kills in 30min, I earned the name Grimreaper after I peg 23 guys with a bolt action rifle with 64k modem ping of 632 in the original Day of Defeat. I came back and joined Goblin Army moved quickly up the ranks before they disbanded. I have played Star Fleet Command 1,2, Orion Pirate, and STC 3, I have over 16 years of PVP experiance. I also retired do to key board hand cramps. were talking long before mouse and keyboard combat or little game pad joy sticks.

That being said its a bad queu system! Its a bad PVP system! Can it be fixed sure!

I can see them buying Lcar from Activison, and revamping ground into a First person shooter or a old Quake engion sure. Changes need to be made. It really needs its own dedicated server away from the main game. Half-Life, Counter Strike, Day of Defeat seperate PVP hubs. Right now PVP is more of a added extra.

Its like we have this main game, and oh buy the way if you want to duke it out thats great. Will give you both pizza. Why Day of Defeat, There no super sheilds, no super power ups, its just you vs. me and a set of flags that need to be captured.

I am also a trekie!

If you want your PVP fix while its down the Karat system has been under blockade by Klingons hope to see you there.

Watch Doom the movie Grims tired washed up comes out for one more Ho Ra. Everyone dies except for him.