Lt. Commander
# 11
08-10-2010, 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_dee
Now we do get a Refit Raptor according to the latest "Ask Cryptic", though we don't know what kind of refit, but I hope we do get something along that line.

http://www.startrekonline.com/node/2018.
A Refit Raptor? WTH are they refitting a Raptor for when the Qin already there in T5? /facepalm
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-10-2010, 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZTempest
I would be extremely happy if the Klingon refits are simply Tier 5.5 with ...
There's no such thing at tier 5.5. That's slang created by the playerbase. Not the devs. Tier 5 is the maximum available tier for ships right now. And so new ships won't be budgeted around 5.5 since there is no 5.5.
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-11-2010, 12:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
A Refit Raptor? WTH are they refitting a Raptor for when the Qin already there in T5? /facepalm
I do agree, kind of dumb. The Raptors really arent that good anyways.
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-11-2010, 05:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Just wait and see, maybe it's actually something useful.
For example a T5 refit of the Somraw with an ensign SCI slot and console arrangement of the Prometheus.
Maybe a simple way to give us the currently missing alternative configurations.
If it's just another ship with the same setup as the current T5 Raptor, I'm all for some angry grunting.
But until then I say leave peemptive complaining about something we don't actually know anything about to the Feds.:p
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-11-2010, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_dee
Just wait and see, maybe it's actually something useful.
For example a T5 refit of the Somraw with an ensign SCI slot and console arrangement of the Prometheus.
Maybe a simple way to give us the currently missing alternative configurations.
If it's just another ship with the same setup as the current T5 Raptor, I'm all for some angry grunting.
But until then I say leave peemptive complaining about something we don't actually know anything about to the Feds.:p
That's my first guess, replacing that Ensign Tactical slot with an Ensign Engineering or Science. But if that's the case then they should've just made the Ensign slot a Universal one.
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-11-2010, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
There's no such thing at tier 5.5. That's slang created by the playerbase. Not the devs. Tier 5 is the maximum available tier for ships right now. And so new ships won't be budgeted around 5.5 since there is no 5.5.
You are right, Superchum -- it is slang that the playerbase has come up with ...

Don't you think it is appropriate? The Fed refits should at least be considered T5+ vessels, especially since you can't get them until you reach the max level.
Lt. Commander
# 17
08-11-2010, 06:04 PM
Quote:
<Shrug>
And as far as the Cloak goes...that is not a gimmick. It is part of that specific faction...and Klingon ships in fact give up something in order to have it on their ships. To be brutally candid, the Fed ships are actually superior in a lot of ways to Klingon ships. A Fed cruiser is much more durable than a Neghvar, for instance...etc...etc.
I would love to know what those etc's are. The Federation cruiser is slightly more durable... and? The Neg'var cloaks, it's much more manoeuvrable, it can mount cannons, it has better inertia, way more crew... the only thing other than a slight bonus to durability that a Fed cruiser has on it is a single extra device slot.

Quote:
My point is this - the federation refits each have a special power...and despite the fact that they are T5 ships, the truth is that they are generally considered more capable because of that special power.
So, then you haven't flown one yet.
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-11-2010, 06:19 PM
No way your refits need to be like the feds a gimmick that well you know and a gimped T4 that they pass off as a T5. Ok 4.9 that would be only fair.
Lt. Commander
# 19
08-11-2010, 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post
I would love to know what those etc's are. The Federation cruiser is slightly more durable... and? The Neg'var cloaks, it's much more manoeuvrable, it can mount cannons, it has better inertia, way more crew... the only thing other than a slight bonus to durability that a Fed cruiser has on it is a single extra device slot.

So, then you haven't flown one yet.
LOL! Howdy Fed! Welcome to the Klingon Gameplay forum!

About those fed cruisers...the absolute truth is that in the hands of someone who knows what they are doing, they are practically unkillable. That is truth. Do you PvP? What do you fly?

Next, the Feds have how many cruiser variants? Come on...be honest. How many? Hehe. The Klingons have exactly....one. Yep. one. To your what - at least three? Each of which has a different type of BO slot that can be leveraged?

And let's talk about shields. Sigh.

Okay...the Neg does have advantages....cannons. Yep. There is at least one Fed cruiser that can mount those too, right? Cloak..yep, that is an advantage. Sort of. Oh! Doesn't a Fed cruiser have that also? Hmm...the same one that has some sort of phaser lance and that can mount cannons? Odd how that works out, isn't it?

There is only ONE thing that the Neghvar has that is the envy of the Federation, and that is manueverability. That is something that is better. One advantage out of....three, or four?

I don't mean to be too sarcastic..but since you ARE Federation, then you know full well what the differences are...and to nip one counterargument in the bud right off the bat, it is likely that you...or someone...will bring up PvP expertise and stats. I would like to state for the record that when you have a faction in which in the past...and pretty much to a significant degree in the present and the foreseeable future where PvP is the main way to level...then of course the faction that is constantly PvPing is going to be better at it than the faction that only does it occasionally to get their PvP dailies out of the way. I would also like to say that in almost every case of a Klingon win, it was due to superior teamwork and tactics, and not superior ships. The plain truth is that when the Feds group together and actually support each other, Klingons get whipped. Usually fairly bad.
Lt. Commander
# 20
08-11-2010, 06:40 PM
I love the way you all claim that a fed ship is so much better ( in the right hands comment) love that one. I would have loved to have a T5 ship with a little extra and drop the gimmicks but we didn't get that we got a T4 ship with a gimmick and i have no problem with the klink faction getting the same thing. and Ztempest I have a klink gen that i play on everyday i play so please don't go the we pvp more so we know bit plz.