Lt. Commander
Please remove Capture and Hold Daylies!

atm C&H consists of:

33% people trying to win
33% people who go for high numbers on scoreboard
33% people who hide and wait it out

...making the whole concept silly and pointless... not to mention making matches easily last an hour...

Fix:
- Make it 2 Emblem per match per player FOR WINNING TEAM ONLY! (to inspire players to make an effort)
- Make 5 player per team matches available (actually allowing teamwork without talking to your enemy at the same time :p )
- Reduce Influence points to 800. This way you have to be quicker to win. (This will increase the speed of the mission)

I think this will fix the current C&H situation.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-10-2010, 06:35 AM
I play this game to shoot things in space, not sit in queues and follow that up sitting on points. I suspect the bigger problem here is more related to the queues than anything. Once people get in, if they are lucky enough, it's time to blow stuff up! Once they fix the issues things will most likely get moving again.

I still don't like the winner takes all suggestion, a little imbalance in a Capture and Hold makes a huge impact, but a tiered reward system might be a little better. I fully support the smaller team requirements for both Cap and Hold (5v5) as well as Arena (4v4, maybe even 3v3). I also have no problem with a reduction in the overall influence points.

I understand that pretty much all of this can probably be taken care of by creating the private matches (1v1Cap and Hold anyone?) but there needs to be some consideration for us PuGers, lol.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-10-2010, 08:31 AM
Cap n hold is killing cap n hold, before te dailies it was mostly arena

If anything the dailies are what's keeping it alive
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-10-2010, 08:55 AM
I'd argue against that Ankah, seems like the more people I run into on Cap n Hold matches are just folks who don't care how well they do, don't know how to pvp and just want the match to end without them investing effort because they aren't doing it because they want to play a CnH match, they just want the emblems.

If the emblems were removed from CnH's then passive, indifferent players would simply blindly go where ever else the emblems were put.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-10-2010, 01:12 PM
i agree with the thread poster, emblems or awards just for the win and 5 man teams would make it more interesting.

PvP Dailys generally are a bad idea as they promote mindless people going in there to leech points and emblems and drain the fun for people really interested in PvP.

all you PvE people can get your emblems through bītran grinding and hours of STFs. stop leeching in the pvp zones.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-10-2010, 01:17 PM
Please do not remove C&H dalies UNTIL YOU FIX MY OTHER DAILY MISSIONS!!!

C&H pvp is the only daily I have that works right.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-10-2010, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Please do not remove C&H dalies UNTIL YOU FIX MY OTHER DAILY MISSIONS!!!

C&H pvp is the only daily I have that works right.
Well, the daily could be changed to be a "You have to WIN x amount of capture and holds.." but I still that you should get a lower reward for completing so that newbies aren't completely discouraged.

That and a mechanism to easily report AFKers for disciplinary action should fix things.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-10-2010, 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dassem_Ultor
Fix:
- Make it 2 Emblem per match per player FOR WINNING TEAM ONLY! (to inspire players to make an effort)
- Make 5 player per team matches available (actually allowing teamwork without talking to your enemy at the same time :p )
- Reduce Influence points to 800. This way you have to be quicker to win. (This will increase the speed of the mission)

I think this will fix the current C&H situation.
Well I argued during prior to Season 2 that people were just focused more on Marks of Honor than PvP, and now its the same for Emblems. But I think adding emblems per match would only worsen the problem, because you would get more people there to mooch than to actually PvP.

In effect, dangling Emblems is nothing but the Carrot and Stick tactic. It gets the method done, but at the expense of being cruel to the animal.

IMHO, what would really get people to participate more in PVP is a necessity. Not quite making it mandatory for people to play it, but more like "Hey there is a war on and if we don't get men on the front lines!" Where losing territory would make you lose benefits players enjoy.

That surely would get players to actually PvP!
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-10-2010, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankah View Post
Cap n hold is killing cap n hold, before te dailies it was mostly arena

If anything the dailies are what's keeping it alive
It's an unworthy life... better to have it put to sleep The way it is now, the only challenge is getting through the queue... once you're in, it's just a waiting game. Something needs to be done to make people enter with winning the match as their goal. And to make sure matches don't drag out forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
But I think adding emblems per match would only worsen the problem, because you would get more people there to mooch than to actually PvP!
That's why i suggested emblems for winning team only. If you go in there and don't do your job, your team will loose and no emblems for you. Especially if the team size is reduced to 5, it becomes vital that everyone does his job.

The only reservation i have against the "Emblems for every match" system, is premate teams (PvP fleets) taking complete control and farming Emblems all day long. Maybe a "win two matches" daily would be the way to go? I the length of the matches were cut from todays 30-60 minutes down to an average of 10-15, winning 2 matches shouldn't take too long.. (compared to time spent earning same amount through PvE)

Also, by reducing the number of influence points, players are less likely to get bored because of too well balanced matches dragging out forever. I think the key is to up the speed of these matches! Make them challenging, don't have people sitting at influence points for minutes at a time doing nothing. Maybe they could actually become fast and challenging enough for people to enter for the fun alone?

(Also: make the daylies alternate between C&H, Arena and War Zone...)
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-10-2010, 10:38 PM
Well if we had Territorial PvP then there can be certain random objectives they could replace the Dailies with, instead of getting People to PVP who don't really want to be there.