Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
08-11-2010, 01:34 AM
Maybe the problem is in the seperation between PvP and PvE daylies? Emblems for daylies should be available for those who prefer to PvP, but that will pull in people who do not want to PvP as well. Just as Emblems for PvE will pull in people who prefer to PvP. Without a "carrot" to pull people in, recruitment will suffer, but there will always be people coming just for the "carrot".

Could joining these missions be the answer? "Mission: Do 3 C&H OR B'Tran explores" reward 5 emblems.

However, we DO need something to pull people into PvP... many people, like me, would never discover that they like to PvP unless they are forced to try it a few times. PvP seems to grow on you. The "old" system of honor marks for PvP and "explos" for PvE, with slightly different merchandise for each, did seem to work OK. The dedicated PvEers would do enough daylies to buy their Covariant [capx3] and then leave :p
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-11-2010, 02:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dassem_Ultor
- Make it 2 Emblem per match per player FOR WINNING TEAM ONLY! (to inspire players to make an effort
What a stupid idea.
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-11-2010, 02:54 AM
farming emblems is such a pain anyway, and PvPers get "forced" to do PvE if they want to get some quickly. You can get alot more through PvE than through PvP, so I actually think it would be nice to get added Emblems for the win while keeping the Daily maybe as a compromise, while lowering the team size to 5.
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-11-2010, 02:58 AM
I'm not bothered about emblems anyway. XI gear is barely better than X and does not make a difference.
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-11-2010, 05:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Please do not remove C&H dalies UNTIL YOU FIX MY OTHER DAILY MISSIONS!!!

C&H pvp is the only daily I have that works right.
NVM, made LG1 today so my dailies may now be conpletely pointless. Hey at least I got 1 out of 15 towards my emblems.
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-11-2010, 05:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekkameron View Post
I'm not bothered about emblems anyway. XI gear is barely better than X and does not make a difference.
Some MkXI gear is superior...just have to know what to look for.... And Cryptic is hard at work making more Emblem merchandice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard2010 View Post
What a stupid idea.
care to elaborate? Higher loot and/or Emblems as reward for success is used in all other parts of the game. If you fail at a mission, you try again, and only beating the enemy will get you the reward. IMO reward just for showing up is stupid. (although it may be the only/best way to encourage people to get to know pvp)
Lt. Commander
# 17
08-11-2010, 05:37 AM
Why not just put together you own private C&H pvp matches with just you and your friends?
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-11-2010, 06:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Why not just put together you own private C&H pvp matches with just you and your friends?
because it is a bit buggy and more annoying than just to press queue. + we seldomly have 10 players on, and only then it gets interesting. seriously though due to the lack of premades on these days my last really good game was back in 1.2
Lt. Commander
# 19
08-11-2010, 07:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellfxxx
because it is a bit buggy and more annoying than just to press queue. + we seldomly have 10 players on, and only then it gets interesting. seriously though due to the lack of premades on these days my last really good game was back in 1.2
Did it just yesterday with my Fleet mates and we had two pretty easy to create 3 vs 3 match's that satisfied my C&H daily's. The only issue we had was level differences were kicking some players.
Lt. Commander
# 20
08-11-2010, 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warem
Well, the daily could be changed to be a "You have to WIN x amount of capture and holds.." but I still that you should get a lower reward for completing so that newbies aren't completely discouraged.

That and a mechanism to easily report AFKers for disciplinary action should fix things.
If you put the C&H on a "must win X" set-up it will also chase away pvp'ers, especially PuG'ers.
IMO.