Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
08-11-2010, 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Why not just put together you own private C&H pvp matches with just you and your friends?
I have no friends

Seriously, i'm in a "mostly PvE" fleet, but my time playing is split 50/50 between PvP and PvE. I'm sort of the only fleet member doing much PvP... I'm a hard core pug.
Lt. Commander
# 22
08-11-2010, 11:44 PM
I, too, would like to see it offered as 5v5 as it can be a pain to coordinate team PvP matches. Also would be ok with having to win the match to get the full 3 emblems, or getting a bonus emblem reward or something; I'm not sure. Regardless, those that don't participate shouldn't be rewarded for spoiling a match.
Lt. Commander
# 23
08-12-2010, 03:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory275 View Post
those that don't participate shouldn't be rewarded for spoiling a match.
My point exactly! Earlier c&h matches actually were fun (most of the time). The concept of c&h can actually be really fun, provided all players do their part. If you can make the team cooperate it can even be great fun.
Lt. Commander
# 24
08-12-2010, 05:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dassem_Ultor
I have no friends

Seriously, i'm in a "mostly PvE" fleet, but my time playing is split 50/50 between PvP and PvE. I'm sort of the only fleet member doing much PvP... I'm a hard core pug.
Well I would extended the invitation to join our fleet, if you wish? What times do you get online to play?
Lt. Commander
# 25
08-12-2010, 05:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory275 View Post
I, too, would like to see it offered as 5v5 as it can be a pain to coordinate team PvP matches. Also would be ok with having to win the match to get the full 3 emblems, or getting a bonus emblem reward or something; I'm not sure. Regardless, those that don't participate shouldn't be rewarded for spoiling a match.
I have seen fleet private matches as low as 3vs3 and it didn't seem very difficult to arrange them. I do agree that the 9vs9 minimum is a little out-of-whack and doesn't help the Klingons at all.
Lt. Commander
# 26
08-12-2010, 05:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Well I would extended the invitation to join our fleet, if you wish? What times do you get online to play?
Appreciate the offer, but I couldn't leave my current fleet... Have grown too fond of the people there, and it's a great fleet for PvE. Things may shape up a bit in the near future, as OmegaXIII is forming an alliance with 12th fleet. Think they have more PvPers.
Lt. Commander
# 27
08-13-2010, 10:02 PM
Bad ideas, as Roach said, do Organized PvP. If you "have no friends" then don't expect PuG PvP to be anything but a bunch of random people doing whatever is most enjoyable to them.

I quite enjoy the current C&H stuff, although, being on the winning team for a majority of the matches probably makes it less frustrating. Sometimes I just don't care about the score and want to blow up things in space. Either way, it's been a nice thrill for me, and I've been enjoying it as a pleasant way to earn 3 Emblems. If you don't enjoy it, then you should focus on finding something you do enjoy or trying Organized PvP if you want everyone to try. Don't ruin it for the rest of us that, other then the broken queue system, don't mind it as a different way to earn rewards.

The separated rewards for PvP and PvE were a bad idea, I'm glad to see that Cryptic decided to go with 1 system. Either way, it's the same deal as it was before, only easier now. You can still earn twice the rewards if you both PvE and PvP, you just have 1 currency to deal with now.
Lt. Commander
# 28
08-14-2010, 01:09 AM
back to topic:

i think that it would actually be a very nice idea to reward 1 emblem for every win. just leave the dailys as they are and reward 1 emblem for a win and all are happy. this has the advantage, that daily leechers can still do what they do (i donīt like it but o.k., some people would probably cry too much if not), but would actually give to people an extra incentive to win, which would probably minimize this.

AND it would give more people an extra incentive to PvP more than just the Daily (you could set it on a 15-30 min timer like Bītran/Azleza, where people also get an extra emblem).
Lt. Commander
# 29
08-14-2010, 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcivious
Bad ideas, as Roach said, do Organized PvP. If you "have no friends" then don't expect PuG PvP to be anything but a bunch of random people doing whatever is most enjoyable to them.

I quite enjoy the current C&H stuff, although, being on the winning team for a majority of the matches probably makes it less frustrating. Sometimes I just don't care about the score and want to blow up things in space. Either way, it's been a nice thrill for me, and I've been enjoying it as a pleasant way to earn 3 Emblems. If you don't enjoy it, then you should focus on finding something you do enjoy or trying Organized PvP if you want everyone to try. Don't ruin it for the rest of us that, other then the broken queue system, don't mind it as a different way to earn rewards.

The separated rewards for PvP and PvE were a bad idea, I'm glad to see that Cryptic decided to go with 1 system. Either way, it's the same deal as it was before, only easier now. You can still earn twice the rewards if you both PvE and PvP, you just have 1 currency to deal with now.
Well, it sounds to me like you're happy as long as you can fly with your team, facing no serious opposition, as long as you get your emblems... Unless ofc you face another premade team. I on the other hand, would like the fun of the match to be what's drawing me in. Not just grinding for emblems. "It's easier now", seriously? your goal for this game is easy grinding for equipment? not fun gameplay?

Anyway, teaming up for C&H is NOT possible unless you have 18 players available to make a private match.. I doubt many fleets can support that many at any given time. Especially if you're playing in European timezones.

"Don't ruin if for the rest of us" you say. The rest of you (or at least many of you) being a bunch of people hiding in a PvP zone for hours just because they need emblems. Checking in at their computer every 15 minutes just so they won't be disconnected. I have no reservations against ruining that kind of "fun"...

If you just want to blow stuff up, go do a DSE or an arena match. Unless your thrill is in blowing up people who are clearly working towards a different goal. Guess it makes for easy kills, if you don't mind losing the match.
Lt. Commander
# 30
08-15-2010, 06:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dassem_Ultor
[color="Orange"]Fix:
- Make it 2 Emblem per match per player FOR WINNING TEAM ONLY! (to inspire players to make an effort)
lol sif.. so you get a bad team 5 times in a row means it will take you 6.3 years to do a daily with the current PVP system !