Lt. Commander
# 1 Death Blossom?
08-10-2010, 07:49 AM
So I noticed that turrets will kick off when you use Scatter Volley, but only in the arc of your 'main' weapon.

So what if you only have turrets and use Scatter Volley? Do you Death Blossom? ie, do you scatter volley 360?
Anyone tried this?
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-10-2010, 08:20 AM
Tried it, doesn't work. Scatter volley only works in the 45 degree forward arc, unfortunately.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-10-2010, 07:05 PM
Ok, I don't know how effective that would be but I have to say that I want it to work, lol.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-10-2010, 07:19 PM
This is Star Trek, not The Last Starfighter.

It's Star Fleet, not Star League.

My name is Stormshade, not Centauri. :p

Finally, as awesome as a Death Blossom is to behold, I think a 360 degree AOE attack might be a little too OP. (Besides, you already have Beam Array: Fire at Will, which is pretty darn close to a death blossom!)

Thanks,

Stormshade

P.S. The Last Starfighter is one of my all time favorite movies.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-10-2010, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
This is Star Trek, not The Last Starfighter.

It's Star Fleet, not Star League.

My name is Stormshade, not Centauri. :p

Finally, as awesome as a Death Blossom is to behold, I think a 360 degree AOE attack might be a little too OP. (Besides, you already have Beam Array: Fire at Will, which is pretty darn close to a death blossom!)

Thanks,

Stormshade

TLS is awesome.

Just gave me a though, even if you can't get the rights for the actual Trek sound track, you should put more orchestral music into the game. TSL had the best soundtrack since Star Wars.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-10-2010, 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxrocks
Tried it, doesn't work. Scatter volley only works in the 45 degree forward arc, unfortunately.
iirc in beta there were some enemy NPCs that looked like they had a power that looked like scatter volley but in the full arc of the turret. It looked like a green disruptor cannon spiral of death (heh... or lawn sprinkler of death).
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-10-2010, 08:36 PM
Please to be nothig: Scatter Volley works in any arc, but it has a cone that's centered around the target. So you can CSV targets behind you with turrets and hit other targets that are also behind you.

PS stormshade, we totally need a mission ending with a Jemhadar saying "We die."
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-10-2010, 10:45 PM
lol evasive maneuvers and CSV lol and just make ur ship do 360 without moving instant death blossom lawl
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-11-2010, 12:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
DUDE!!!

The Last Starfighter is one of my all time favorite movies and I still have the VHS video version! :p

Pretty cool idea to add to STO to be fair, and ofcourse you are right, it is Star Trek, not the Last Starfighter, but as Data has stated before, "everything is possible, unti l it is not" and so it should be! LoL

I doubt that if Scatter Volly was made to go full 360* for a Captain who decided to go with Turrets only, it wouldn't deal a lot of damage but it would come in very handy when surrounded by fighter ships or Heavy Plasma Torpedoes on High Yield and it would also be cool!

P.S. I agree with the hurleybird on the topic of the soundtrack.
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-11-2010, 05:56 AM
One of the coolest things I've seen was in Infected, after the Tac cube spawns, going into the huge mob of spheres with RSP going and feedback pulse.

That was DEFINITELY a death blossom moment!

well at least till RSP wore off, then it became apparent that maneuver was totally ill advised...