Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
An article out of gamespot. Cryptic is announcing new MMO this summer.

"I can't speak to the specifics of what we're doing, but it's true that we have another game in the works," Roper told enthusiast site MMORPG.com.

Read more here.

And I'm going to go as far as to say. IT'S TO SOON, FIX CO, and STO. ( I know there is more then one dev team, but if the members of the other team join CO, and STO we would get a lot more done. )

But what I say doesn't matter, it's what you say.

I report it, and you debate it.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-06-2010, 01:50 PM
Interesting, but not completely surprising. We've been seeing stuff that eludes to another MMO in production by Cryptic for a while now.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-06-2010, 01:51 PM
In direct possible response to title...

IN EVERY POSSIBLE WAY!!!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-06-2010, 01:53 PM
I hope this doesn't effect STO's development in any way, it needs a lot of work on it to keep people coming back for more
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-06-2010, 01:54 PM
The funniest thing about the article is the 90% negative responses so far.

Think the word has gotten out on Cryptic's business and development practices?
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-06-2010, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricksterbro View Post
I hope this doesn't effect STO's development in any way, it needs a lot of work on it to keep people coming back for more
I don't think it will really, the teams will be separate and STO's team isn't particularly large to begin with. So depending on how large Cryptic is, and assuming that this MMO has already been under production for a certain amount of time, I doubt that the effect will be significant if at all.

If anything, the experiences of CO and STO will have an effect on the new MMO....
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-06-2010, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivar View Post
I don't think it will really, the teams will be separate and STO's team isn't particularly large to begin with. So depending on how large Cryptic is, and assuming that this MMO has already been under production for a certain amount of time, I doubt that the effect will be significant if at all.

If anything, the experiences of CO and STO will have an effect on the new MMO....
"Have a lifetime subscription to CO and STO and you get this exclusive item in our new MMO!"
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-06-2010, 02:02 PM
Honestly, the sad truth is that Cryptic's future will be determined solely by the success or failure of STO. Champions can fail and it will go almost unnoticed, but if something as big and high profile as the Star Trek MMO goes under, it won't matter how many MMOs they pump out, or even how good they are, no one will want to buy another Cryptic game. It will be like what happened to EA, but on a much more massive scale. I just hope that they are putting a sufficient amount of effort into STO and not just looking for more launch-day cash infusions -- that business strategy will only work for so long.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-06-2010, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladius_Bonaparte
"Have a lifetime subscription to CO and STO and you get this exclusive item in our new MMO!"
Why would you think that?
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-06-2010, 02:05 PM
It seems like a perfect way to put more people to work to me. 3 dev teams means another group of people can get off of unemployment.