Me and the cast of Tribbles in Ecstasy will be talking to Executive Producer Dan Stahl (dstahl) this week. Post your questions here for any topics of interest to you and please keep your questions respectful.
We will be doing the interview Thursday night at 6:30pm EST and playing Hightlights during the Tribbles in Ecstasy Live show on TrekRadio.net, SubSpace-radio.net and BladeRadio.com @ 6pm EST so stay tuned!!
the only questions i got are, will cryptic ever get around to fixing specific bugs that has plagued STO for the past 2 years? since your asking for respectfulness, then i ask the same in return and get a straight answer on the topic.
the other question is, will the KDF ever be completed? there are glaring gaps that needs a definitive improvement, notably no longer starting at the commander rank but back to starting at Warrior. if Dan can not give a specific answer, any chance of giving a guess, 2 years? 3 years?
1) Which of the maps of the new FE will be used as PVP map?
2) How many Cryptic Developers does it need to screw in a light bulb?
3) Is there a planned date for the next STO season (patch, not FE)?
4) How far is your Mass Effect 3 play-through? Did you cry when [a favorite character] died?
1. Can we expect some kind of Conversion Console for Lock-Boxes (GPL i.E) like after the Winter Event ....
2. Still 2 FE's / year ? If so please more Details on "other content" being released this year ... STF's ? PVP ? KDF MIssions ?
3. Why only 2 / year... when the FE 1-3 was released within 6 months ?
Wow, thous are very cool questions!, Keep them coming.
Thanks. I figured I'd try to tap into his thought process on some stuff, like the big other MMO out there (game devs do play a lot of games after all and I'm betting a lot of folks on staff, including Dan have given that bioware game a go) ... I'm really curious about what drew him to Zynga. I know he can't really talk about what prompted him to leave Zynga, but I'm hoping he can talk about what prompted him to get interested in the opportunity in the first place, especially fascinating to me with Zynga and Facebook in the news recently ... and I was thinking if he can't drop hints about STO, he might be able to drop some about Neverwinter since when he got back to Cryptic he was tossed in the deep end of the pool so to speak with the Foundry which is still a major element of Neverwinter.
Besides, everyone else will have a ton of great STO questions.
- What's the point of Fleet Starbases ? (I'm not kidding)
What will they add to the game ? How will they avoid becoming "one more" semi-empty social zone ? Why should I hang out there instead of DS9 or ESD ? Why should you invest Dev time into making them ... instead of say some kind of territory control game ?
- Once the code-branch merger happens in Season 6 , how will the New Tech that allows the easier making of New PVP maps be utilized ?
How often can we expect to see new PVP maps then ?
Will we be able to make new PVP maps in the Foundry ?
- Can we expect a completely new STF this year (not a Terradome remaster) ? If so , when ?
(Having done hundreds of STF's , I'm beginning to feel a bit parched for something new and exiting that is also dynamic enough for multiple replays)
- The Iconians now have Taris and Sela .
When can we see a forward movement in the Iconian Story Line ?
(I'm concerned that at this rate of story content , the game will not be alive long enough to see the fruition of these story lines)
- The timegate for the Defara Invasion just does not work for me (for a lot or reasons) .
Can I look forward to a time that the timegate will be permanently lifted , or should I just give up and forget about that part of the game ?
When are you going to fix the way the Dilithium exchange takes C-Points? I went to sell 4000 C-Points, it was taken from my personal balance and put up for sale. I cancelled that sale, so now I have 4000 in my exchange balance and 4900 in my personal balance, which includes my points for champions. I went to place the 4000 back up for sale. When I did I did not get a warning saying it would take the points from my personal balance so I was expecting it to be taken from my exchange balance .... BUT GUESS WHAT HAPPENED ..... It was taken from my personal balance and now I'm stuck with 8000 of my points tied into STAR TREK .... I've asked Customer service to fix this, but get told it is a coding issue and to write a bug report, which I have done, but I still did not get my points returned to me and all 8000 points are now locked into STAR TREK .... It has been over 4 days with no response ...... so I guess I'm screwed again ...... Just like always!
When are we going to get some real customer service!