Lt. Commander
# 1 Fleet Emblems
08-10-2010, 08:44 PM
I HAVE A QUESTION BUT FIRST I MUST TELL YOU THIS IS IN ALL CAPS BECAUSE THERE IS SOMETHING I WANT CHANGED YOULL KNOW WHY SOON. THE FLEET EMBLEM. ANYONE IN THE FLEET CAN CHANGE IT????? NO! THE LEADER OF THE FLEET SHOULD BE THE ONLY ONE TO BE ABLE TO CHANGE IT, OR SET THE PERMISSION FOR IT. IT REALLY ANGERS ME WHEN I FIND THAT ITS BEEN CHANGED WITHOUT MY CONSENT. ITS PATHETIC. MY FRIEND LOGGED ON (my game he has an account because hes a Trekkie, and his computer doesnt have the requirements) AND WAS GOING TO PUT THE LOGO ON HIM, HIS OFFICERS, AND HIS SHIP. SO HE WENT TO THE SHIP CUSTUMIZATION AND WE NOTICED IT WAS DIFFERENT WHEN WE HAVE IT SOMETHING ELSE. I'M SICK OF IT GETTING CHANGED. PLEASE MAKE IT SO THAT ONLY THE LEADER CAN CHANGE IT OR SET THE PERMISSION.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-10-2010, 09:21 PM
You do know that writing in all caps, is confusing for the human eye and should be avoided where possible...

Also, writing in caps online = yelling... I don't like when people yell.

On that note... You are probably right... it should'n be editable by all.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-10-2010, 09:22 PM
How does one change them? i've never seen any option for it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-10-2010, 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormoran View Post
How does one change them? i've never seen any option for it.
It's in the fleet UI, under the Uniforms tab. You can only edit it if your fleet rank has permissions to "Set Look"
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-10-2010, 09:37 PM
Im not yelling...I'm trying to get my point across of how pathetic this is and how angry i get seeing that its changed.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-10-2010, 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by admiralweiler1701
Im not yelling...I'm trying to get my point across of how pathetic this is and how angry i get seeing that its changed.
In that case, don't use caps. As I wrote: It confuses the eye, especially when, like here, the font color is in massive contrast to the background.

And again: When writing in caps you are, SHUT THE F UP.... <--- See.. Yelling... (that line was for demonstration purposes).
No really, im not badgering you, but caps online is yelling. It is a unwritten rule. Make your post in another color instead or somthing.
As a fleet leader I can fully understand your frustration, and I think we agree that if you want to get your message through, you want the text to be as readable as possible.

aye? No?

BTW: Did you submit a ticket about this?`Im pretty shure it is not intended to work this way.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-10-2010, 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direphoenix View Post
It's in the fleet UI, under the Uniforms tab. You can only edit it if your fleet rank has permissions to "Set Look"
Ahhh ok cool. (I kinda wish i had this bug, while i don't want to change my fleets emblem i'd love to simply mess with the editor to see the possibilities)
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-11-2010, 12:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormoran View Post
Ahhh ok cool. (I kinda wish i had this bug, while i don't want to change my fleets emblem i'd love to simply mess with the editor to see the possibilities)
You won't be amazed... There are 3 layers:
A "Patch Type" layer, with 6 diffrent patch types.
A Level1 Emblem layer, with about 30 or 40 diffrent emblems, numbers and so on
and a Level2 Emblem Layer, with the same as before.

You can rotate the Level 2 layer, slightly and scale the symbol, but it is somewhat bugged, so only few of the symbols can be rotated from 0 to 180 degrees clockwise.

You can also somewhat edit the colors on outlines and body of the symbols...

nothing cool... infact i find it rather useless.