Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Runnabout Size
08-10-2010, 09:00 PM
Can someone explaine how the runnabout with a crew of 5 is only maybe an 8th the size of my advance escort with 150 crew?

http://s813.photobucket.com/albums/z...0-20-54-27.jpg
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
08-10-2010, 09:04 PM
What? by now you don't know cryptic employees who handle scaling in this game have Eye problems?

another example... bridges, hallways, spacedocks oh the list goes on..


I believe that the race of giants that dwell in the giant bridges/hallways flew runabouts thus the size thing i guess.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
08-10-2010, 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragamite View Post
Can someone explaine how the runnabout with a crew of 5 is only maybe an 8th the size of my advance escort with 150 crew?

http://s813.photobucket.com/albums/z...0-20-54-27.jpg
how about the other question why the hell do we even have runabouts...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
08-10-2010, 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_luck_pee-kard
What? by now you don't know cryptic employees who handle scaling in this game have Eye problems
I know I sure do. Some of the scaling on smaller stuff like the Defiant and Danube were done on purpose. Specifically so people could see them better.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
08-10-2010, 09:39 PM
ya, this bugs me less than the huge bridges hallways and such and stuff
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
08-10-2010, 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grox View Post
I know I sure do. Some of the scaling on smaller stuff like the Defiant and Danube were done on purpose. Specifically so people could see them better.
This. Its done for gameplay purposes.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
08-10-2010, 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliskin View Post
This. Its done for gameplay purposes.

please...... thats why the targetting info thingie surrounding ships is for.... can spot the dunabe 20k away thats hardly the size of a pixel just fine sincei just target the info aura around it and ship autofires.....
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
08-10-2010, 09:56 PM
...it's better to see the thing you're shooting at.

gogo gadget Nonlinear Inverse Perspective Scaling.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
08-10-2010, 10:02 PM
imagine how it can fit in shuttle bay lol and in all ships escort, science or cruiser they all have shuttles
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
08-10-2010, 10:16 PM
I can't see the runabout in that picture that was linked.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:30 AM.