Lt. Commander
# 21
09-01-2010, 07:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losobal
Heh, if no one pays attention, I'm sure they could just rip off the Klingon sounds from the various Starfleet Command games
The problem is someone always rats on anybody that does something wrong...it reminds me of what little children do...lol..

A change in music is welcomed though to tell you the truth...Maybe employ Jeremy Soule???
Lt. Commander
# 22
09-01-2010, 01:37 PM
yea most of the weapon sound effects are generic.. non canon....the ONLY weapon sounds in game that do not need changed are phasers and photon torpedos.. i suppose tricobalt can stay too... its okay, but not perfect. the rest, however, need redone to match canon...

and yes.. please do something about klingon tricorders..
Lt. Commander
# 23
09-02-2010, 11:15 AM
hey glad i found this thread

when i play my klingon character i am partial to using disruptor and photon based weapons, to stay in line with the shows...and i absolutely HATE the current disruptor sounds...it sounds like a failing drum bang then it does an authentic klingon disruptor cannon sound

I did a google search and quickly found this page

http://www.trekcore.com/audio/

It has all sorts of iconic sounds (guessing sound bytes from the shows)

Specifically this disruptor sound needs to be applied to the klingon disruptor weapon
http://www.trekcore.com/audio/weapon...ptor_clean.wav

Lots of other goodies there too...if some guys webpage can get the right audio, why cant a fully licensed game get it?

Would really love some feedback from Audio guys/devs on this one...im guessing updating a sound file cant be too difficult, and im sure that team has access to a large resource library to get the right sounds!

On that same note, pulse phaser sound should be in the game, possibly for the heavy phaser cannon (or perhaps its own unique weapon for defiant class?) right now it sounds awful too! Another quick google search found this:

http://geneva.ships.acalltoduty.com/sounds/phasers.wav

Hopefully in the spirit of Polish-First that the Devs have been saying, the audio wont get left out, especialy for these iconic weapons!

Lt. Commander
# 24
09-02-2010, 05:38 PM
Heh I forgot what the old school TOS disruptors sounded like, we should use that sound
Lt. Commander
# 25
09-04-2010, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Heh I forgot what the old school TOS disruptors sounded like, we should use that sound
Dang skippy I like that sound way too much....
Lt. Commander
# 26
10-15-2010, 08:25 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleTerribleRomulan
Dang skippy I like that sound way too much....
Yeah, the old disruptors sounded much much better. On the topic, im going to keep asking for a Klingon warp out/in sound effect unique to the faction and a special rumbling, engine sound for Klingon ships when you zoom in close enough.