Lt. Commander
# 1 Elite Difficulty
08-11-2010, 01:01 AM
Just wondering how other people felt about the scaling between Normal, Advanced and Elite. For the most part it seems pretty decent and gradual. I've been playing on Elite for about a week now and really enjoy the challenge. Some fights, ground or otherwise, I get through just by a hair and I really have to engage my controls/abilities and cooldowns.

However, I'm noticing some really odd instances where things scale up way, way too sharply. Like on one of the regular exploration missions, I was taking on the Zantil on the ground. Even prebuffing, setting formation and cover shields, not more than 2 seconds (and I'm not exaggerating) into the fight 2 crewman drop. I've watched my shields and half my health go in one assault from one Lieutenant rank opponent (I'm Captain.). The fights over in less than 10 seconds.

Now. Even if I had put together a 5 man team with no AI and thinking, "clever" human beings, I cannot see a scenario like this where 5 on 10 (where each mob kills you in 2 hits) is survivable, or even reasonable.

As I've said, for the most part with a bit of grit, timing, foresight and reflex any Elite mission is survivable but on the very rare occasion I get a lemon like this.

Is this intentional? Does anyone else run into this sort of thing?
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-11-2010, 02:56 AM
I think it's a known bug. All the "new" noncanon races do unreasonable damage at the moment.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-11-2010, 04:20 AM
It's a bug with certain weapons the NPC use, there dmg modifier is way to high. Those weapons are mainly dual pistols and full auto sweep rifels (all AOE dmg)

For Canon races its not that bad, but they have other problems to. If they just would scale back the dmg by 1/3 for elite what it is now, it would be survivable.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-11-2010, 09:17 AM
freakin sword masters are WAY over powered. One just bumb rushed me my away team and 2 security guards I beamed in. Completely ignored all of them went straight for me and killed me with one hit WTF. how is that fun? I did anything from stun him to slow him down and no effect
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-11-2010, 01:43 PM
Elite, not epic.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-14-2010, 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
Elite, not epic.
Corrected!