Lt. Commander
# 131
04-06-2009, 11:20 AM
How many factions do people want to see at startup?
Lt. Commander
# 132
04-06-2009, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldheld View Post
How many factions do people want to see at startup?
Two, since that's what they've been saying all along. If they changed such a major part of the game at this stage of development I would probably take it as a sign that something was very wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 133
04-06-2009, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0wl View Post
I agree the "Orions" should be an independent faction not allied to the Klingon Empire!
I can see the planet Orion becoming 'part' of the Klingon Empire. Again, I see it similar to the Mongols and Alexander the Great, who both I believe absorbed soldiers into their armies from the lands he conquered.

I want to see an independent NPC Criminal faction for the Orion Syndicate -- separate from even the 'Planet Orion'.

Speaking for myself, I see the 'Path' storylines for the development of the Klingon Faction in STO, to be rather important -- mainly because it can be seen as such a far step outside canon. I hope that is where Kestrel hits her 'Home-run' with her Path Fiction. I think it will probably one of the Path Lines that will face the most scrutiny and opposition.

Back to the 'Path' subjects, I am happy to see that Events in the ST:Countdown series are being mirrored in STO -- rather than STO branching off in a different direction. I think it was a good creative choice and will help keep STO in line with Canon for the most part. Kudos to whomever made that decision.
Lt. Commander
# 134
04-06-2009, 12:49 PM
"Thank you Awen. Great. I loved reading it. Captain Data of the Enterprise E. Nice ring to it."
Lt. Commander
# 135
04-06-2009, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loekii View Post
I can see the planet Orion becoming 'part' of the Klingon Empire. Again, I see it similar to the Mongols and Alexander the Great, who both I believe absorbed soldiers into their armies from the lands he conquered.

I want to see an independent NPC Criminal faction for the Orion Syndicate -- separate from even the 'Planet Orion'.

Back to the 'Path' subjects, I am happy to see that Events in the ST:Countdown series are being mirrored in STO -- rather than STO branching off in a different direction. I think it was a good creative choice and will help keep STO in line with Canon for the most part. Kudos to whomever made that decision.
Having just read the countdown TPB this morning I have to think that some of the comic is not only setting up events for the movies, but explaining some of the things we learned about the future in "All Good Things"

As much as people talk about this movie as a reboot and destroying Trek canon, I can't help but wonder if they actually took All Good Things as a jump off point.
Lt. Commander
# 136
04-06-2009, 01:59 PM
I don't think I ever saw that episode (not a big fan of TNG). However, that could very well be the case.
Lt. Commander
# 137
04-06-2009, 02:23 PM
Are You Kiding Tng Is The Best Captain Picard Is Way Better Than Kirk Or Archer
Lt. Commander
# 138
04-06-2009, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varrangian View Post
Having just read the countdown TPB this morning I have to think that some of the comic is not only setting up events for the movies, but explaining some of the things we learned about the future in "All Good Things"

As much as people talk about this movie as a reboot and destroying Trek canon, I can't help but wonder if they actually took All Good Things as a jump off point.
The thing is, that "All Good Things" was only a POSSIBLE future, and an alternative past, created by the Q Continuum, much of which could not happen anyway (the Ent-D having been destroyed, etc).
Lt. Commander
# 139 Cant wait for the game
04-06-2009, 03:47 PM
I simply couldnt wait for the game any longer so I have started playing EVE online. If STO is as good as Eve then we shall have a very good game. In Eve space feels huge and looks stunningly beautiful so I hope that crypic achieves a similar thing with STO with the added bonus that we shall be able to run about on planets and meet alien races.

Tem
Lt. Commander
# 140
04-06-2009, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by defiantboy81 View Post
The thing is, that "All Good Things" was only a POSSIBLE future, and an alternative past, created by the Q Continuum, much of which could not happen anyway (the Ent-D having been destroyed, etc).
Actually from what I can tell the anomaly in "All Good Things" was the only thing Q created.