Lt. Commander
# 151
04-07-2009, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Tar
No, no Q didn't. Picard did. The anomaly was created by the three scans in different timeframes. But those were only made because Q made Picard jump through time.
Therefore Q created it.
Lt. Commander
# 152
04-07-2009, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loekii View Post

That is what I am saying about the Syndicate being seperate from 'Orion', so to speak.

I think that in the STO map, Orion (and Nausica) will be located next to the Klingon Border, so that their 'union' with the Klingons does not require some strange branching deep into Fed Space.

Unless there is some Bizzare space anomaly that relocates Naussica and Orion (the nova from 'countdown' or something). Who knows besides Cryptic.
Not necessarily, since it seems the Syndicate has moved beyond using Orion as the main base. They don't need it for the Klingons to ally/annex it. To me, it makes plenty of sense to have Orion be a Federation world while the Syndicate just relocates to Klingon space, or at least the border between the two factions.

But yeah, they'll definitely be a separate entity from Orion, the Federation world.

Plus, take a look at this. It's the most accurate Trek map I've seen yet, and the locations of major locations on most maps is makes this meet a pretty good standard. Orion's almost always placed somewhere in the middle of Federation territory, with Nausicaa a bit closer to the Klingon border. I guess we'll have to see. The Klingons are being pretty aggressive; perhaps they blitz across the border and take adjacent Federation territories, which allows them to be close to the Syndicate and the Nausicaans.
Lt. Commander
# 153
04-07-2009, 11:19 AM
That map is amazing as well as it is huge!
Lt. Commander
# 154 Rom
04-07-2009, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manx View Post
Good old Rom. He always puts a smile on my face
True, Rom is the only one with the lobes to try and pull that stunt off!
Lt. Commander
# 155
04-07-2009, 01:54 PM
Rom has been extremely underestimated in the past of star trek and it is funny to see how far he has gone... I cant wait to see this game come to fruition
Lt. Commander
# 156
04-07-2009, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenblade View Post
Not necessarily, since it seems the Syndicate has moved beyond using Orion as the main base. They don't need it for the Klingons to ally/annex it. To me, it makes plenty of sense to have Orion be a Federation world while the Syndicate just relocates to Klingon space, or at least the border between the two factions.

But yeah, they'll definitely be a separate entity from Orion, the Federation world.

Plus, take a look at this. It's the most accurate Trek map I've seen yet, and the locations of major locations on most maps is makes this meet a pretty good standard. Orion's almost always placed somewhere in the middle of Federation territory, with Nausicaa a bit closer to the Klingon border. I guess we'll have to see. The Klingons are being pretty aggressive; perhaps they blitz across the border and take adjacent Federation territories, which allows them to be close to the Syndicate and the Nausicaans.
I would prefer the Orion Syndicate (aka the Syndicate) to be an NPC Pirate faction, and not be tied to the federation nor the Klingons.

As for the Mapping, if there is not really a canon map, and Orion's location has not been established in Canon, STO could simply place the planet close enough to the Klingon Border to make sense.
Lt. Commander
# 157
04-07-2009, 05:43 PM
Quote:
As for the Mapping, if there is not really a canon map, and Orion's location has not been established in Canon, STO could simply place the planet close enough to the Klingon Border to make sense.
I have a feeling the STO map will be as close as we've come to a canon Trek map.
Lt. Commander
# 158
04-07-2009, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varrangian View Post
I have a feeling the STO map will be as close as we've come to a canon Trek map.
I would hope they try to keep it as close to cannon as possible.

However, if Orion's location was never really specified in the Series or the movies, I think we might see STO move it closer to the Klingon border, to back up their connection to the Klingon Faction in STO.
Lt. Commander
# 159
04-07-2009, 09:42 PM
Quote:
I would hope they try to keep it as close to cannon as possible.

However, if Orion's location was never really specified in the Series or the movies, I think we might see STO move it closer to the Klingon border, to back up their connection to the Klingon Faction in STO.
I don't think it was ever explicitly stated where it was, at least not in canon. Though I do think they heavily implied it was a Federation world, or at least within Federation territory. The only thing we really have on the Syndicate is that they operate on the Borderland of Federation and Klingon territory, so it makes sense that they could easily ally with the Klingons without them having to annex anything or even place Orion near the Klingon border.

You can see the Borderland on the map I showed earlier, where both Suliban and Son'a are.
Lt. Commander
# 160
04-07-2009, 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenblade View Post
You can see the Borderland on the map I showed earlier, where both Suliban and Son'a are.
One thing I'd like to see, though I honestly don't hold out much hope, is for the game to actually get the immense scale of the galaxy right. If the game map is anything like that map (and I would be stunned if that was the case), it puts the Pleadies cluster at the farthest edge of Federation space.

The Pleadies cluster is marked M45 on this map of our local arm of the galaxy (our sun is on the center crosshair).