Lt. Commander
# 81 All hail!
04-03-2009, 09:27 AM
All hail the glorious Klingon victory on Gila 6!

The Gorn belong in the swamps, not on starships, they are barbarian kuuve and require a good leash.
Lt. Commander
# 82
04-03-2009, 09:58 AM
Really enjoyed reading the new timeline update, good to see Data is now back in the fold with starfleet and being made captain of the newly refitted Enterprise E.

Keep up the good work guys, can't wait for the next installment.
Lt. Commander
# 83
04-03-2009, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abergy32 View Post
Too bad about the uniforms though I really liked those gray uniforms.

I agree, the gray uniforms were second only to the red Movie uniforms. And the most believable!

All in all though, a good read. Someone's really putting the effort in.
Lt. Commander
# 84
04-03-2009, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthSeer View Post
Awesome update.

Gives me a lot of hope that any Dominion faction won't be "Federationized" by Odo.
Glad to finally have the Dominion mentioned!!!
Lt. Commander
# 85
04-03-2009, 10:53 AM
I think they are going in the direction of the Countdown comics. Which is fine with me, they were a great read. If anyone wants more of a look at the STO uniforms to be used, read the comics! Pretty cool looking

They are also spreading out all the romulan resources in this post as i think they do anticipate the destruction of Romulus. Very interesting indeed.

The bigger question here is now is the time where Nero is sent back in time to become the bad guy in the new star trek movie.... so obviously he doesn't succeed in his mission of killing kirk or whatever.... or does he?!
Could be sent to an alternate time line that has no influence on this one because obviously the federation still exists in the STO realm... oh dear. I'm concerned and excited about the new movie indeed.
Lt. Commander
# 86
04-03-2009, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogbertious View Post
Hmm. So, it would seem that we have Jem'Hadar still in the Alpha Quadrant. More importantly, they are defying orders to return to the Gamma Quadrant. I think it is safe to assume that they will be acting as NPCs, and as mission antagonists in the wilder regions of space.
or that could be Cryptics way of setting of for the post game release Dominion addition
Lt. Commander
# 87
04-03-2009, 11:42 AM
It looks like the next generation of new Noble Houses/noble warriors of the Klingon Empire will be the ones that stem from the early wars with Gorn. Can't wait to see how/if there is any major war/conflict with Gorn.

Very interesting and a good update.
Lt. Commander
# 88
04-03-2009, 12:22 PM
Great update!
Lt. Commander
# 89
04-03-2009, 12:58 PM
I'm glad everyone likes it.
Lt. Commander
# 90
04-03-2009, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lokan View Post
It's my understanding that the comics are only 'canon' relative to the movie. So it would appear that STO is set in the alternate universe of the new film. Sadly.
I don't want to get into spolers, but it's important to note that Cryptic intentionally worked with the movie folks to tie STO into the _pre-movie_ story.

Again avoiding spoilers, the movie may well start out as a part of the existing 40-year Trek timeline (the same as STO) but the movie may exist in its own separate timeline by film's end. There may well be a "branching off".

And that's all I can say,

KOS