Lt. Commander
# 11
08-14-2010, 02:19 PM
the reality is that if they did this you'd have the richer players spending real money to load up on everything in-game. this is what happens in EVERY game that has attempted selling in-game currency. pirate meridian59 and UO servers are a very good example of this. even cryptic isn't foolish enough to try something like this. if they did, a considerable amount of people would simply leave the game. there wouldn't be any point to doing badge rewarding missions anymore either, so there goes a large amount of the games content

in short don't even think about doing something like this cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-14-2010, 02:59 PM
Never underestimate how foolish a company can be.
Lt. Commander
# 13 Fears
08-15-2010, 11:48 PM
Try this just limit how may you can get. 500 per month per character. There is already a price for 500 badges right now the cost of retro refit. You would be loooking at 13USD or 14USD. It should also be noted that the new XI gear is not bound it will go no were but down once people start flooding the auction house. Any bought advantage would not last long.
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-16-2010, 06:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeves
Try this just limit how may you can get. 500 per month per character. There is already a price for 500 badges right now the cost of retro refit. You would be loooking at 13USD or 14USD. It should also be noted that the new XI gear is not bound it will go no were but down once people start flooding the auction house. Any bought advantage would not last long.
Or people could just play the game.
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-16-2010, 07:27 AM
I'm all for putting things in the store howeverr this is not one of them. Put any kind of spin on it you want to I doubt you will change my mind. I kinda think in my own honest opinion that its just asking for a bit much, and that should Cryptic do something along these lines. They would have to charge alot and it would in fact unbalance the game itself. Badges are easy enough to get so whats the point.

Quote:
Btw if you use this as a factor then you just killed it. The refits are available via the store already at 1200 cp per. So why would anyone want to loose money by selling 500 emblems for half the price?
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-16-2010, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes85 View Post
the reality is that if they did this you'd have the richer players spending real money to load up on everything in-game. this is what happens in EVERY game that has attempted selling in-game currency. pirate meridian59 and UO servers are a very good example of this. even cryptic isn't foolish enough to try something like this. if they did, a considerable amount of people would simply leave the game. there wouldn't be any point to doing badge rewarding missions anymore either, so there goes a large amount of the games content

in short don't even think about doing something like this cryptic.
this game is already losing players left right & center .. infact i can see it turning to free to play because people are getting sick & tired of the cryptic bug ridden crud.
can anyone name more than 12 items that have been reported & fix ? im not talking sill cosmetic things im talking missions & stuff .

I know several people who have not resubbed & know at least 2 more that are walking away at then end of this month.
Several of these people played wow for many years couple of others who played eve for a long time as well.

fact is the money side of this game is botched .. why because there is nothing rare , they maybe titles as rare & very rare but they are anything but.
this again is thanks to the carebear community that plays this game.
Lt. Commander
# 17 Play the Game..
08-18-2010, 05:55 AM
Great if you got no Life. Got no job. No kids. Play STO 24/7 Letting people buy a small amount say 500 badge per month for like 13$USA would not be the end of the world. Would give a few people a small edge but the Badge gear is Bind on equip. There is drop XII uncommon in the auction that is just good as the blue X badge gear. The gear the same as drop gear. It would also let people go away for few days from the PC and do not forget the guy can only play one day a week. Saw tons of people get burned in WOW because they could not keep there gear up so they got left behind. Any bought advantage would very short lived.

PS if you want to see the XII gear in the Auction it is buged. Do a sech for "XII" any rank any grade
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-18-2010, 06:52 AM
If they are to sell those badges with the 500 per month limit they should cost 25 USD minimum.
25 USD is roughly 1-2 hours of real life work to earn.

Why?
Because I'm tired of seeing MMO after MMO putting everything in micro transactions that allows some players to get fully equipped within minutes of reaching a level instead of spending 2-3 weeks to play and get the equipment in game.

What's next? An item in C-store that allows you to one shoot everything in game with a 30 minutes cooldown?

If you really want to play games that are fast and extremely easy to play, then may I suggest single player RPG because to me it sounds like that is what you are looking for.

The beauty in MMO's is that you need to put some work into the game to get something and it isn't a game that you run out of things to do, so why add more and more stuff to the C-Store that takes away things to do?
Lt. Commander
# 19
08-18-2010, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Great if you got no Life. Got no job. No kids. Play STO 24/7 Letting people buy a small amount say 500 badge per month for like 13$USA would not be the end of the world. Would give a few people a small edge but the Badge gear is Bind on equip. There is drop XII uncommon in the auction that is just good as the blue X badge gear. The gear the same as drop gear. It would also let people go away for few days from the PC and do not forget the guy can only play one day a week. Saw tons of people get burned in WOW because they could not keep there gear up so they got left behind. Any bought advantage would very short lived.

PS if you want to see the XII gear in the Auction it is buged. Do a sech for "XII" any rank any grade
I spend very little time playing STO, maybe for an hour or two a day when I am not on vacation and I see no problem with this. I don't like people who are unwilling to work for something, I spent months charting the B'Tran cluster then boom, now its Emblems and everything I worked for was useless. Yet, I am fine, because I worked hard and earned things.

If they are going to start putting Emblems on the C-Store, why not put XP because some people have no time to rank up! Couple bucks and now you're a Captain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enterprise-D View Post
If they are to sell those badges with the 500 per month limit they should cost 25 USD minimum.
25 USD is roughly 1-2 hours of real life work to earn.

Why?
Because I'm tired of seeing MMO after MMO putting everything in micro transactions that allows some players to get fully equipped within minutes of reaching a level instead of spending 2-3 weeks to play and get the equipment in game.

What's next? An item in C-store that allows you to one shoot everything in game with a 30 minutes cooldown?

If you really want to play games that are fast and extremely easy to play, then may I suggest single player RPG because to me it sounds like that is what you are looking for.

The beauty in MMO's is that you need to put some work into the game to get something and it isn't a game that you run out of things to do, so why add more and more stuff to the C-Store that takes away things to do?
Agreed 100%
Lt. Commander
# 20
08-18-2010, 09:37 AM
So let me buy my level 51 Character from Ebay, oh look I can get all these badges in the cstore to stack my guy with all the best items! Now let me go kick some butts in PvP!!! OOOHHH NNNOOOO!!! I got wasted in 3 seconds! The opposition is OP! NNNNNEEEEEERRRRRRRRFFFFFFFF YYYOOOOUUUU!!!!

Money gets you just what you want!