Lt. Commander
So over the weekend I experienced some wonkiness. On several missions, in various sectors, I'd lay down a Cover Shield only to watch it head off down the road, over the hill to the edge of the map. Once it even knocked the crap out of a Swordmaster on its way by. One grew wings and took off like the space shuttle for orbit. Can I have my Cover shield back please? This behavior started for me on Saturday........

Other wonkiness..........

Doing the Hunting the Hunters mission with a buddy of same rank (Commander) and we beam down........the 2 of us end up predictably in the domes, our away teams? Outside, aggroing every thing in sight and getting their buttocks kicked. My friend and I defeat the knuckleheads that port in, and we then scan the device, and my friend proceeds to teleport us to the next dome.......only just he ports, me I'm standing there looking overly cool.....I have to manually teleport myself to the next one. Rinse and repeat in the next dome, and again in the 3rd, each time each of us has to teleport over separately. Ok, so we drop the domes and now have to find and revive our away teams, and they are scattered all over so that when we finally get them awake, we are at the cave. We free the peeps in there and are now mission one. Sigh....wander around till we find him, pew pew we win....and head back to the cave for the boss battle.......except no one shows up......grrrr. Beam out to the ship, and beam back in, boss encounter begins....but the rest of the away team is taking a nap or something on our ships. cant get them to come down....we even had pie! So the 2 of us pew pew and win.....mission over.

2nd...............

Doing the Minefield mission, I was a LC9ish at the time, all the baddies were +2 to me. I get the ground part, and clear the 1st room and the hall and proceed to the lower control room. This room has 3 groups in it, one left on/under a platform, one in the center, one on the right. 1 of the 3 groups are made up of 1 Centurion Medic, 2 Centurions, 2 Ground pounders. The center has 2 Centurion Medics, 1 Subcommander, 2 ground pounders, and the 3rd group had 2 Scientists, 1 Centurion Medic, 2 ground pounders. So to recap, thats 1 room, 4 Centurion Medics, and 2 Scientists...........anyone see a problem here?

30 mins later, a after cussing on TS like a drunken sailor (to the delight of my fleet mates on comms).....I finally rifle butt'ed one medic across the room and behind behind a box to break LOS and vaporized him, after which I repeated this for the other 3 medics. Whoever is in charge of coming up with mob composition.....needs a swift kick to the na........shin for this horror show, and yes this was on default difficulty.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-09-2010, 08:00 AM
I had the same issue withe the shields but mine never flew up in the air. It made laugh though.

The Romulans have way too many medics I agree. Just imagine if there were Klingon medics.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-09-2010, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blowitup View Post
I had the same issue withe the shields but mine never flew up in the air. It made laugh though.

The Romulans have way too many medics I agree. Just imagine if there were Klingon medics.
almost as bad a being a Klink and running into a mob of Fed Combat Medics
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-09-2010, 08:42 AM
Quote:
So over the weekend I experienced some wonkiness. On several missions, in various sectors, I'd lay down a Cover Shield only to watch it head off down the road, over the hill to the edge of the map. Once it even knocked the crap out of a Swordmaster on its way by. One grew wings and took off like the space shuttle for orbit. Can I have my Cover shield back please? This behavior started for me on Saturday........
HAHA gread reading i laught so i cried STO alright
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-09-2010, 08:50 AM
I've seen the Cover Shield bug happen a lot on Otha. I filed a bug report here:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=173409

Feel free to add your own observations.

I have to admit it is really amusing, and annoying, when it takes off.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-09-2010, 08:55 AM
Klingon medics?
Swordmaster+dylovene = omgwtf.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-09-2010, 09:03 AM
iv'e seen this too Its like my BO is tiring to use it as a weapon. On that same note does any one else have a problem with a stupid BO putting up the cover shield in bad places like booking a door way or half in a wall or is It that Iím just stuck with an idiot
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-09-2010, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattnx1701a View Post
iv'e seen this too Its like my BO is tiring to use it as a weapon. On that same note does any one else have a problem with a stupid BO putting up the cover shield in bad places like booking a door way or half in a wall or is It that Iím just stuck with an idiot
This is why I never give a BO a cover shield, just turrets and gens.....yes they are too stupid to use them.......
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-09-2010, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattnx1701a View Post
And this is exactly why I call them my idiots. Personally I do abilities like shield recharge, weapons malfunction, healing generator for my engineers...kinda makes them like a techy healer in their own right.

For Tacticals I usually stack 2 counts of suppressing fire and 2 counts of plasma grenade, it does it job well, 2 stacks of plasma fire is evil.

Scis I tend to have the ensign slot as gravemetric shift, and the other 3 are heals of some sort. Grav Shift works well, especially with borg.

Now imagine that 2x fire debuff combined with grav shift.
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-09-2010, 10:04 AM
Had the shield bug happen to me last week. Except in my case, it also took off with my Phaser Turret III.

Also had the teleport bug on the mission Hunting the Hunters. Thought my Away Team must be better than yours. Mine didn't transport with me from bubble to bubble. Nah, they were more gung-ho and hoofed it from bubble to bubble.

What was even more amazing is they figured out a way to enter / leave the forcefields.

Ultimately, they joined me for the most part and we got the bubbles lowered. From there, it was a cakewalk.

I did submit a bug report on it. Sent another one on a planet where everyone but me kept falling through the geometry. Makes it hard to click the glowie when you keep getting shot by enemies that can shoot through walls andd ground at you but you cannot shoot back.