Lt. Commander
# 1 No good drops on elite?
08-11-2010, 10:36 AM
Ok. Im playing Elite, and I am a VA1.

I was wondering: Am I the only one ONLY getting battery drops now? Or is it a common issue?

I used to get lots of both uncommon and Rare drops, but now im only getting batteries...

And Yes, im sure im playing on elite.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-11-2010, 10:37 AM
Yep. Batteries only once you hit Vice Admiral.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-11-2010, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post
Yep. Batteries only once you hit Vice Admiral.
I was affraid you were gomma say that
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-13-2010, 09:35 AM
Well, that answers my question why I get nothing but batteries now.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-13-2010, 09:40 AM
Surely this must be a bug, it cannot be intentional
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-13-2010, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekkameron View Post
Surely this must be a bug, it cannot be intentional
It is intentional.
If Cryptic give you loot drops whats the point in their Emblem store ?

Seriously, Cryptic keep messing this kind of stuff up.
Every new patch results in enemies that are stupidly scaled (Swordmasters), Anoms giving the wrong level of samples or rewards being worthless.

Oh right, Cryptic are 'looking at loot tables'

Uh huh, your telling me it takes this long to copy / paste the loot table from RA to VA and upgrade the items from MKX to MK XI ?
Christ, even if they just copied the loot table from RA it would be an improvement over getting consumable garbage.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-13-2010, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Sheridan
It is intentional.
If Cryptic give you loot drops whats the point in their Emblem store ?

Seriously, Cryptic keep messing this kind of stuff up.
Every new patch results in enemies that are stupidly scaled (Swordmasters), Anoms giving the wrong level of samples or rewards being worthless.

Oh right, Cryptic are 'looking at loot tables'

Uh huh, your telling me it takes this long to copy / paste the loot table from RA to VA and upgrade the items from MKX to MK XI ?
Christ, even if they just copied the loot table from RA it would be an improvement over getting consumable garbage.
That's sad to think they're doing this purposely. The Emblem store is absurdly overpriced and some of the gear in there is worse than the MK X stuff you get at BGO with Exploration Marks. Itís going to take me at least a month of dailies just to get my ships items alone up to MK XI. Add that with how ever long it will take to get my away team gear up to par. I play on elite for the better gear drop and for the challenge to earn that better drop. If Cryptic wants to take that away, then there is no reason to play on elite anymore than bragging rights, which account to nothing in this game.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-13-2010, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ally_of_the_Force View Post
That's sad to think they're doing this purposely. The Emblem store is absurdly overpriced and some of the gear in there is worse than the MK X stuff you get at BGO with Exploration Marks. Itís going to take me at least a month of dailies just to get my ships items alone up to MK XI. Add that with how ever long it will take to get my away team gear up to par. I play on elite for the better gear drop and for the challenge to earn that better drop. If Cryptic wants to take that away, then there is no reason to play on elite anymore than bragging rights, which account to nothing in this game.
I think they are doing it purposefully, but not in a malicious way. I don't think batteries are going to be the only kind of drops forever. From what I've read, they are working on the Mark XII stuff and since that isn't fully implemented, that's why you're getting nothing but batteries, because they haven't turned on the Mark XII drops yet.

There was another thread around somewhere which someone points out if you go to the exchange and filter the search results by rank - Rear Admiral lower half stuff is Mark IX and Mark X, Rear admiral upper half stuff appears as Mark XI and when you try Vice Admiral stuff it shows nothing at all!

Which suggests that Mark XII must be intended to be the vice admiral gear that shows up in that exchange rank filter mode.

Edit: Also, before Season 2 came out, how many people were complaining about the Mark X purple gear and saying it would be "worthless" when the new Mark XI gear came out? At least now they are proven wrong and Mark X gear is still good and useful!

I can see how a purple Mark X console might be better than a Green Mark XI console. About the same as a blue Mark XI console and then a purple XI console would probably be better than a Mark X. That's how I see it should be. Gear obsolesence should be gradual, or you'd end up with everything you own being junk as soon as you buy it because there's always something better.
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactrix View Post
I think they are doing it purposefully, but not in a malicious way. I don't think batteries are going to be the only kind of drops forever. From what I've read, they are working on the Mark XII stuff and since that isn't fully implemented, that's why you're getting nothing but batteries, because they haven't turned on the Mark XII drops yet.

There was another thread around somewhere which someone points out if you go to the exchange and filter the search results by rank - Rear Admiral lower half stuff is Mark IX and Mark X, Rear admiral upper half stuff appears as Mark XI and when you try Vice Admiral stuff it shows nothing at all!

Which suggests that Mark XII must be intended to be the vice admiral gear that shows up in that exchange rank filter mode.

Edit: Also, before Season 2 came out, how many people were complaining about the Mark X purple gear and saying it would be "worthless" when the new Mark XI gear came out? At least now they are proven wrong and Mark X gear is still good and useful!

I can see how a purple Mark X console might be better than a Green Mark XI console. About the same as a blue Mark XI console and then a purple XI console would probably be better than a Mark X. That's how I see it should be. Gear obsolesence should be gradual, or you'd end up with everything you own being junk as soon as you buy it because there's always something better.

I've traded some MK XII gear on the exchange but I've only seen green so far. Some of it is good though particualarly the engines for the full impulse speeds. MK XI and MK XII are RA upper half so VA gear must be planned to be XIII and XIIV. As for the VA loot drops, Cryptic this needs fixed yesterday!
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-15-2010, 04:42 AM
Well, it's nice to know I've missed absolutely nothing by not playing any of my characters after they finish the slog through fluidic space,