Lt. Commander
# 21
08-12-2010, 07:50 AM
its a shame this deal wasnt out in march. i bought a new pc from them then. works wonderful. i bought a ibuypower. i do know people that are shopping for pc still i will spread the word. maybe the sto can be given to someone that cant afford the game and would like to play.
Lt. Commander
# 22
08-12-2010, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight
You could use a PATA controller card. They are cheap.
I could... on the one mother board that has a PCI slot. Of course, that would mean I'd have no slot for my Sound Blaster card (which wouldn't be huge as the board has built-ion audio).

Of course, there's still the problem of making it work with an ATX mid-tower case.
Lt. Commander
# 23
08-12-2010, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonaos View Post
Ah, I love Newegg. It's where I bought my fancy gear in order to play this game. Nice promotion.
Newegg is pretty good on certain stuff, just make sure you shop around. I found my last new power supply, case and cooling fans cheaper at Xoxide, around $30 - $40 less than the exact same thing at Newegg. They're all trying to be competitive now.
Lt. Commander
# 24
08-12-2010, 12:57 PM
Why would anyone buy the deluxe version now that all the "exclusive" stuff within that package can be bought in C-Store?
Lt. Commander
# 25
08-12-2010, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Last.Red.Shirt View Post
Man I hope no one falls for this "deal" thinking this is for one a good deal, and two that they will have sufficient graphics to run the game. Look I know you guys have been getting in bed with Intel lately, but c'mon don't pimp their gear on your homepage and call it a -deal- unless it really is one.

Kiddies if you are looking to buy new gear your money can be better spent. While you may be forced to put Intel CPU inside if you are going to stick with NVidia, you can definitely do better for all the rest of the system components.
I agree, Intel MB suck.
Lt. Commander
# 26
08-12-2010, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidius View Post
I could... on the one mother board that has a PCI slot. Of course, that would mean I'd have no slot for my Sound Blaster card (which wouldn't be huge as the board has built-ion audio).

Of course, there's still the problem of making it work with an ATX mid-tower case.
Usually retail cases like Antec, Cooler Master will support mATX MBs. Try checking your case manual. If you don't have it you maybe to download it. But I don't recommend Intel motherboards. ASUS, Gigabyte, MSI are much better boards.
Lt. Commander
# 27
08-12-2010, 03:15 PM
Sorry guys but 10 days of game play to buy an overpriced dual core processor, this is not just a lousydeal but really something of a rip off. Someone in marketting should be sacked.
Lt. Commander
# 28
08-13-2010, 01:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rist View Post
Why would anyone buy the deluxe version now that all the "exclusive" stuff within that package can be bought in C-Store?
Well, you wouldn't be buying the deluxe version if you were getting this deal b/c it comes with your mobo/processor combo.

This thread is almost as ridiculous as the CO lifetime/MU uniform fiasco. You don't buy the box of Cracker Jacks to get the free prize you buy the box for the Cracker Jacks. The prize is just extra. Otherwise that's like buying a new Ferrari b/c it comes with a special keychain.
Lt. Commander
# 29
08-13-2010, 05:36 AM
Direphoenix,

Your point is very valid but at the end of the day it is still seen as a way to promote STO. Especially if you are being given the deluxe versions. With this in mind the 10 days of play is just DUMB! I mean you get the deluxe codes but then do not get to enjoy the game? You are in essence truly being given an extra ingame item and a free trial.

As I said I am not sure who at the Atari marketing department thought this one up or approved it but they should be canned, this is a crappy promotion not worthy of the effort.
Lt. Commander
# 30
08-13-2010, 10:36 AM
So...the promotion is to shell out $170+ Dollars (No shipping, thanks Newegg ) to get two pieces of hardware, which also comes with the "Digital Deluxe" Edition of STO (Dunno what's so "Deluxe" about it still...) and 10 days of game time? doesn't the regular edition come with 30 out of the box?

Well...on the Bright side, at least you'd be able to make Bad Company 2 or any other game look good after those 10 days dry out.

Just surf Newegg. You'll find a setup (Or individual stuff, even made by intel) that works just as well, but for quite a bit less. I just checked to see if they still sold my brand of Motherboard (Foxconn G41MX-K), but they're unavailable now. But i'm seeing them on other sites for between $65-95. Runs Core-2 Duo and Quad processors (I have an Intel Core2 Duo, again, Newegg deal, $79 or so.) Note these prices are based off of what things were like about 2 years ago, when having an i7 rig would cost you about $600.