Lt. Commander
I searched for this topic but couldn't find much. Have the devs ever said anything about enabling the ability to switch members of your away team before you beam? The drop down menus are there, but they're always greyed out. So in order to switch I have to do it from the away team configuration screen.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-12-2010, 01:22 AM
i dont quite understand what you mean. if you're not in red alert you can change what the default away team is.

when you go to beam down your standard away team pops up and you can change any or all of them before you beam down. what more do you want?
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-12-2010, 10:26 AM
Can you switch team members during a mission?
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-12-2010, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icesavage
Can you switch team members during a mission?
During a mission, no... unless you beam out, switch out your bridge officers' assignment and beam back in again (you could loose a bit of progress on the mission doing that, though)
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-12-2010, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Constantinople999 View Post
i dont quite understand what you mean. if you're not in red alert you can change what the default away team is.

when you go to beam down your standard away team pops up and you can change any or all of them before you beam down. what more do you want?
When you beam down your standard away team pops up and the drop down menus are not selectable. You can't change the away team from the standard unless you did it before you reached the planet or base.

Unless I have some obscure option turned on somewhere?
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-12-2010, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimm11
I searched for this topic but couldn't find much. Have the devs ever said anything about enabling the ability to switch members of your away team before you beam? The drop down menus are there, but they're always greyed out. So in order to switch I have to do it from the away team configuration screen.
Can't say that I've ever experienced that. Might be worth a bug report, though.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-15-2010, 04:22 PM
I opened a ticket and the response was they are aware of the issue and are working on it.

<shrug>
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-15-2010, 10:22 PM
I've bugged this long ago. Still I have heard nothing about a them working on a fix or if they are how far along they are.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-16-2010, 06:37 AM
Once you get to the planet, you can always hit cancel or "not now", go into the assignment menu and switch, train, equip, and hit the replicator for all your BO's. Then just talk to your comm again (lower right corner) to bring up the mission dialogue. It's a decent workaround and if you get in the habit of doing so, loading all your BO's up with goodies makes missions go fast and let's you spend all the hoarded EC. It really helps with Elite away team missions anyway.