Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
08-30-2010, 03:11 PM
I'm in the same boat... I need two more points for what I want and can't get it now.

Please Cryptic, bring back Honor points for VA's!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 22
08-30-2010, 03:34 PM
yes so annoying.. it looks like i will never be able to get my cov shield capx3 on my new char now.
Lt. Commander
# 23
08-31-2010, 05:23 PM
I didn't PvP until upper level RA. So I only got 5 marks of honor. I wish I knew about the good gear you can get earlier.

Hope they make it available again at VA.
Lt. Commander
# 24
08-31-2010, 05:49 PM
This has now happened to two of my characters on both Federation and Klingon side... I am 15 Marks away from getting the Covariant Shield Array Mk X [Cap] x 3 and again I feel I've been cheated out of them. I would agree to say a ferengi merchant that'll exchange Emblems for Marks of Honor at the Drozana system outpost where both fed and klingon characters can have fair access to it.

I wouldn't mind so much the cut off if the Mk XI gear were up to par. The weapons, Consoles, Deflectors, and Engines are decent enough but the shields are absolutly abysmal.
Lt. Commander
# 25
09-02-2010, 12:13 AM
To Cryptic: Any comments or updates on this issue?

Even a simple acknowledgment of that this thread has been read by any Cryptic representative would be better than the current silence.
Lt. Commander
# 26
09-02-2010, 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shar487
I'm calling B.S. on Cryptic, simply because both the VA1 B'Train Marks of Exploration and Emblem Daily's are concurrently active. It would be a simple matter for Cryptic to unlock already-existing Marks of Honor PvP Daily Code to include VA1's. If they are unwilling to do so, then they should at least allow players to trade in Emblems for Marks of Honor, since the bulk of Emblem weapons have inferior stats to their K7 counterparts.

We need more people actually posting about this ongoing issue if they want to see Cryptic take any real action. Until then, those VA1's who didn't get their Covariant Shields Mk X [Cap] x3 or any other K7-exclusive items are SOL. Another option: Make Mk XI versions of the K7 items. The latter may not be ideal, but at least it will show that Cryptic is actually listening...
I agree with your concerns, and agree with your issues. Some of the details of your idea might need some working out ... but the premise of the idea is solid.

A lot of people agree with you. And a lot of people have posted about this, with much the same idea you have.

I hope eventually enough people keep posting about it that it finally gets addressed.
Lt. Commander
# 27
09-02-2010, 10:49 AM
Quote:
I ran a search on this, but there were just way too many threads to sift through...

Is there any news on why VA1's can't get the Daily PVP Mission for Starbase K7 items? Marks of Honor can no longer be earned at this time if you're VA1, and the new Mk XI gear items are mediocre at best. I'd rather get more [CritH] [CritD] x2 gear as opposed to [Acc] [CritD] [Cmd] items.

Is this a know bug, or an intentional design issue?

EDIT: I know this probably belongs in the PVP section, but the issue is specific to the Feds side...
it is not a bug i turned in a ticket on it to GM and they told me where wasnt any plans to make it so VAs can get and do those lower missions for the lower marks for those lower items which i think is crazy cayse on there at ds7 they have a cap x3 shield which is stronget then any mark xi shields so it would be nice if they would change there minds so we could get those shields and other items,
Lt. Commander
# 28
09-02-2010, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceJim View Post
I didn't PvP until upper level RA. So I only got 5 marks of honor. I wish I knew about the good gear you can get earlier.

Hope they make it available again at VA.
yea i know what you mean i have a couple characters in the same boat i have a new one when i hit ra i stoped leveling it and just doing the daily on it so to get the shields lol
Lt. Commander
# 29
09-02-2010, 04:31 PM
I hope that cryptic will change this iam 20marks away from this shield and i feelin cheatet out too,
a vendor who change the new marks in marks of honor will be a good idea.
Keep posting maybe Cryptic remarks that problem
Lt. Commander
# 30
09-02-2010, 07:27 PM
Quote:
Please reply in this thread if you have a VA1 that wishes to start earning Marks of Honor again. As far as I know, certain items such as very rare Covariant Shields Mk X [Cap]x3 are only available at Starbase K7 through the daily RA pvp missions.
I would.........