Lt. Commander
# 1 Ship Emblem
08-11-2010, 07:20 PM
I've played with the Fleet Emblem tool. It is great. I think this should also be available to be used by everyone (Not just the top tier of a Fleet). It would be fantastic to have an individual ship Emblem. I see no reason that his should be restricted to just Fleet use. Add it so that it can be used for individual Captains and their Boffs, and for Fleet use. We already have seperate uniform slots for Fleets. No reason that a character could have seperated Fleet and Ship Emblems on different uniforms.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-12-2010, 12:32 PM
Just wanted to add that as far as something to compare this with would be US Navy ships. Each ship has a "patch". Sure there are fleet, and other level patches. But each ship has their own.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-12-2010, 02:49 PM
I prefer that the two emblems be separate:

- A fleet emblem for your fleet (editable only by ranking set by leader)
- A Personal Emblem for all players (editable by each player as they see fit, and placed upon a different area of the ship - such as the nose of the ship for example).

I'd go further with ALL symbols have have them user generated as well, and submitted to Cryptic for review to maintain appropriate lore and look in-game.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-12-2010, 03:06 PM
i like the idea.

personal emblems then fleet emblems. makes sense.

the one thing i see not goign well is the advent of people submitting them for review from crytpic. too many hours and too many complications to list here.

suffice to say, add more to the current emblem creator and just allow people to create one for each cpt they have as well as any fleets...
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-12-2010, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_James_of_Cadiz
the one thing i see not goign well is the advent of people submitting them for review from crytpic. too many hours and too many complications to list here.
I would disagree with this statement. Pirates of the Burning Sea uses User Created ship sails on their ships. The system that they have is that players are given a guideline of icon dementions, color and brightness regulations, as well as rules for what is allowed by the lore of the game (such as no nudity or sensuality, offensive or racist symbols, and keep to the theme of this game please). Then they are turned into this website where they are voted upon by users, and ultimately given the final 'OK' by the devs. Then they were able to pick up those symbols in-game.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-13-2010, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantore View Post

Agree completely
Quote:
- A Personal Emblem for all players (editable by each player as they see fit, and placed upon a different area of the ship - such as the nose of the ship for example).
Yes please!

Quote:
I'd go further with ALL symbols have have them user generated as well, and submitted to Cryptic for review to maintain appropriate lore and look in-game.
This would be nice, but I would settle for Ship and fleet patches being separate.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-14-2010, 11:41 AM
Quote:

LOVIN this idea!
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-14-2010, 02:43 PM
Quote:
I would disagree with this statement. Pirates of the Burning Sea uses User Created ship sails on their ships. The system that they have is that players are given a guideline of icon dementions, color and brightness regulations, as well as rules for what is allowed by the lore of the game (such as no nudity or sensuality, offensive or racist symbols, and keep to the theme of this game please). Then they are turned into this website where they are voted upon by users, and ultimately given the final 'OK' by the devs. Then they were able to pick up those symbols in-game.
One problem for this is that Pirates of the Burning Sea is a popular, successful MMO that was released with enough content to be considered a finished product, by what seems to me a competent Developer.

Star Trek online has been out for months now and is still not finished, it was panned by most critics, and Cryptic is a mediocre, at best, developer. I doubt that Cryptic could pull your suggestion off successfully, as cool as it would be.

Just because other, better, companies can do something doesn’t mean that Cryptic can.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-14-2010, 08:38 PM
it would be cool to be able to make ship emblems customization for personal use on ship plaques and shoulder patches: division, project, and assignment patches on uniforms

here is a good reference guide:

http://www.st-minutiae.com/academy/anthropology114A/
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-15-2010, 01:15 PM
I didn't intend that it be seperate from the Fleet emblem.

I think a character could decide on a uniform if they wanted their own emblem or the fleet emblem.

The problem I see with the current system is that it is only accessable to a small portion of the subscribers. It is a cool system and there should be a way for everyone to access it.

The way to make everyone happy is to have Fleet emblems stay as they are; permissions set so only accessed by rank. And then allow people to make a personal (ship) emblem that they can place on uniforms and on their ship.