Lt. Commander
# 1 To snix or intereseted PvPers.
08-11-2010, 11:41 PM
Hello one and all,
First let me apolize for spelling/gramer erros for it is a bit late for me as I type this.
As of now on Tribble there is a new build with a new PvP interface, one that will allow anyone to create a privite PvP game. set the number of kills/who you want.

Now before oyu guys start going on about that, I am a DJ on STO-radio.com, and Im very much interested in seeing if my other DJS as well as Snix and the other Devs would be interested in a a tourney (right now it appears that it will be on the tribble server). Which I do not care what server it would be on.

However I do havea few things I need to make the reads of this aware of.
1) I dont not care of your PvP experence, nor do I care for whiners, if you can not be sportmen like I will not let you contine.
2) I will give out rewards hat are of varius MK ranks, which is coming out of my on collect and will be given on holodeck. Those rewards will go to the indiviauls that perform best in: damage, healing, support, and sportmenship and snice the devs have a few buttions we the players dont they will not quailfy for the rewards. The rewards will be sent to the receipents throung the mail system in holodeck.
3) Depending on how much interest I might and quite possably need a few others to help host or referee with me to help detreme the whom gets awards.
4) Snice is this in the works, I will clearly state this is a state in the works, I would love to be able to have a player vrs devs event, but due to the various parties involed a time/date untill the variuos paries have agreed to the set time and date.
5) Subject to change as well to be expanded on.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-12-2010, 01:26 AM
Players vs Devs! CAGE MATCH.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-12-2010, 01:28 AM
Sounds like fun. If it falls within my schedule, I would be happy to get my teeth kicked in.
Lt. Commander
# 4 bumping
08-12-2010, 09:03 AM
Bumping.

I might have a few more changes in store, but I want to wait till I see a bit more interest in this thread beofre I do that.

Done with the bumping.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-12-2010, 09:17 AM
Sign me up. Sounds like fun.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-12-2010, 09:24 AM
Curse my active, full of activities week.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-12-2010, 12:58 PM
Sounds interesting. I will do it--of course depending on the schedule when released.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-12-2010, 02:42 PM
I'd be interested in any sort of Players vs. Devs event, but historically, I don't think Devs have ever done very well in these matchups - it turns out they waste most of those hours in the office doing work and other silly things.

If something does get going, how would you determine the individuals who would get to represent the Players? Is there going to be some sort of elimination-based qualifier event (you did mention prizes)? Would it be prudent to coordinate such an event with others in the community who are also working on PvP tournament events?

I think it could be potentially helpful for Tribble queue testing if the Devs opened a challenge in the next few days on Tribble, via the new system.
Lt. Commander
# 9 hm...
08-12-2010, 11:30 PM
To Edgecase:
I had not fully diecided on the macth heck I dont even know if the devs would want to do that, EVEN after throwing the idea across to one, whom was interested. So that is pretty much a *work in progress* .

To the later, if the devs would be interested, then YES theyget alot more data, as well and interest. But that is not my intent. To the match snice Iseeing mixed names, I can assume that theyplayers interested would be coming from a wide backgraound of PvP experence, and well elamtation round would beone way agianst that.

Yes I did mention prizes out of my own bank, as an added incecntive, but well see,Im still waiting on a dev to post to this let alone feedback.

As of right now I was leaning more on the idea of a areana type match which would be open to klik and fed teams, which was going to be a pre set lvl (based off the majority of the interested ppl) where the wards would be handed out to the top 3 Damage and heals, and I will also give out rewards to those that show promise in team tatics, as well as sportmenship( (if that even exsists anymore). The rewards in my back range from the few MK12 items im not useing to MK X and 9. I will establish a reward table later on once I know how much interest I have.

But right now it depends on the others, If I get a no then it will be for the ppl that want to play in it,Its that simple.
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-13-2010, 11:04 AM
We are planning a 'play PvP with the devs' event soon on Tribble, to help test out the new queue system and private challenges.

That said, I try to spend as much time as possible on Tribble playing with whoever is around and gathering direct feedback. If you get a time set with enough players that are interested, post it and I'll see what I can do.

-snix