Lt. Commander
# 41
08-16-2010, 06:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archanubis
I never got those table top games.
They're for that occasional time when you need face to face social interaction but are still too awkward to know what you're doing without a game in front of you.
Lt. Commander
# 42
08-16-2010, 08:00 AM
Actually they are a means to show off your ability to paint models.
Lt. Commander
# 43
08-16-2010, 10:01 AM
These days, so is Facebook.
Lt. Commander
# 44
08-16-2010, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Imperial Guard actually. Been thinking about getting some Witch Hunter stuff as well, but right now Imperial Guard. Victory through superior numbers.
Hahaha, if I wasn't playing Tau, then I'd play the Imps.

I remember reading one of the Imperial Amour books from Forgeworld, for a full armoured regiment of Imp Guard it's 4039 individual troops, the equivalent Tau Cadre is around 749 individuals...

That's around 4 Imps to every 1 Tau O_o
Lt. Commander
# 45
08-16-2010, 10:24 AM
Darn it.... I'm still shoving my feet in my mouth and offending raven. I need to find an avatar with feet further from it's mouth. Further!!

I was thinking about my d&d days when I typed that, btw. Not much painting. Quite a bit of sketching and making up spelunking music though.
Lt. Commander
# 46
08-16-2010, 11:56 AM
When I play Dungeons and Dragons we use a gridmap and have our own custom painted figures.

Here is Kristiana, my current Dungeons and Dragons/BESM heroine.
Lt. Commander
# 47
08-16-2010, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post
When I play Dungeons and Dragons we use a gridmap and have our own custom painted figures.

Nice
Yeah, my group just used stock figures. We didn't play often enough to get into it. I would have done an amazing job painting a figure, too! I had a charisma of 8, it would've been perfect for my ability!
Lt. Commander
# 48
08-16-2010, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post

Very nice miniature. How did you get grass to grow on such a small thing?
Lt. Commander
# 49
08-16-2010, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
Very nice miniature. How did you get grass to grow on such a small thing?
Glued Static Grass to the base. I have a small canister of it I use on my more artistic models. Adds a decorative flair to the model.

My rank and file Guardsmen don't get any. I try to keep them as simple as possible. Then again an Imperial Guard army can field over 1000 models in one army. How?

1 Guard Platoon can have...
1 Command Squad, which can be joined by a commissar (6 men)
up to 5 Infantry Squads, each of which can be joined by a commissar (11 men each counting the commissar, so up to 55 here)
up to 5 Heavy Weapons Squads (6 men each, up to 30 men)
up to 2 Special Weapons Squads (6 men each, up to 12 men)
optional conscript squad (up to 50 men)
So a Troops Platoon can consist of up to 153 soldiers. You get up to 6 of them. That is 918 soldiers.

I can also have 2 Company Command Squads of up to 10 models each (20 men)

I can have up to 5 Ministorium Priests and Tech Techpriests that do not take up any picks on the Force Chart. (7 men)

I can also have 3 Elite Squads of Stormtroopers, Ogryns, Ratlings, or Psykers, which have 10 men each. (30 men total)

I can also have up to 3 Squads of Rough Riders of up to 10 horsemen each. (30 men)

That is not counting Heavy Support choices, so I can throw in 9 Leman Russ tanks for fun.

Total comes to up to 1005 soldiers, officers, and support personnel. On the battlefield. At once. And still be legal. Plus 9 tanks.

And there is a commander out there that allows you to have a reserve of each of your Conscript Squads so when the first one gets destroyed, the second can deploy, effectively getting you up to 300 additional soldiers.

Imperial Guard: Taking 'We have reserves' to the extreme.

So I am not going to paint that many. I have a few I spent some time on, but for the ranks and file I use like four or five colors.
Lt. Commander
# 50
08-16-2010, 02:37 PM
Hehe, that's a pretty nice looking D&D Char, wish they did one with bunny ears... maybe I custom make one one day for the campaigns at our uni (We actually had a lecture class last year where we had to play D&D)

Also, nice sized army, about the same size as a friends of mine, except he's kinda crazy and intends on painting them all to a high level of detail O-o;;

Would love to see some pictures of your army when you have a moment Raven ^_^