Lt. Commander
# 511
09-26-2010, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by homsikpanda View Post
the world is already like that, society just keeps up a fake imagine as a defense from being slaughtered.
deep down,if given total freedom, everyone would kill atleast one person of choice
I wouldn't, I feel guilty even when I kill bugs sometimes. Except spiders, they get it without mercy
<-- was bitten by a brown recluse in his youth (don't look it up if you don't know what it is, seriously, very gross)

I wouldn't even bother raven's boyfriend because I want her to be happy. If you guys get tired of calling me Toucan, you can call me Tulip instead, because apparently I'm gay anyway.

Nice new avi, raven. I haven't seen any of the bleach movies yet, are they good?
Lt. Commander
# 512
09-26-2010, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hort_wort View Post
I wouldn't, I feel guilty even when I kill bugs sometimes. Except spiders, they get it without mercy
<-- was bitten by a brown recluse in his youth (don't look it up if you don't know what it is, seriously, very gross)

I wouldn't even bother raven's boyfriend because I want her to be happy. If you guys get tired of calling me Toucan, you can call me Tulip instead, because apparently I'm gay anyway.

Nice new avi, raven. I haven't seen any of the bleach movies yet, are they good?
the ability to kill anything just goes to show you have the ability to kill everything, you're just held back my your own conscience, which in my belief is partly shaped by society and the world around us, but without that shaping our conscience is less developed and thus for you anyway,(i believe) you wouldn't have developed the feelings of guilt when killing something =o
Lt. Commander
# 513
09-26-2010, 08:25 AM
I think about how to live life quite a bit, it's a hobby of mine. I think everyone should live for the betterment of themselves, their families, their neighbors, their species, all life on their planet, then all life everywhere. The point of life is to live as best as possible and spread life (that's meant to be more of a biological fact than an opinion, if you think it's an opinion then I just phrased it poorly).

Next I had to think about the definition of betterment, that's sort of tough. It's some kinda a mesh of between letting evolution do it's thing and the world knowledge pool. Evolution means letting everyone have an equal shot at success, that takes out racism and random killing. There's enough resources in the world where we shouldn't have to compete for them. Hopefully, we'll get to other planets before that becomes an issue.... which is why the world knowledge pool is important. Can you imagine what kinda tech we'd have if people put their resources into that instead of all the wasteful things we do?

It all fits in pretty much exactly with common morality. Kinda nice how that conscience thing helps us to survive and thrive, eh?

... panda, why do you always put me on a rant?
-gets mop and bucket and swabs raven's thread-
Lt. Commander
# 514
09-26-2010, 09:43 AM
Brings out swisher sweepers and Dusters.. [Dust cap? >check] Apron> Check
Wine cheese and Directors ?chair> Check

MegaPhone? Check

Hey! Wing Boy you missed that spot I'm not climbing a ladder until Raven comes i not see me working hard.
Lt. Commander
# 515
09-26-2010, 09:58 AM
grumble grumble
-spits on and shines senshi's shoes-
Lt. Commander
# 516
09-26-2010, 10:16 AM
Very good.. you pass the test.. We are now overseer's for Ravens reeducation camp..
Lt. Commander
# 517
09-26-2010, 10:51 AM
Memories of Nobody at least was very good. Lots of action, interesting story, but the ending was kinda sad. Okay, very sad. I was crying. They kill off the new Soul Reaper they added, even though she is now one of my favorite Soul Reapers of all time...
Lt. Commander
# 518
09-27-2010, 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post
Memories of Nobody at least was very good. Lots of action, interesting story, but the ending was kinda sad. Okay, very sad. I was crying. They kill off the new Soul Reaper they added, even though she is now one of my favorite Soul Reapers of all time...
raven crying? wow..... that must have been a sad ending >.>;

i'm only one episode 43? or 44... of SE, i like watching them on xbox so that means file converting them to wmv files for veiwing... bg screen tv works better then not so big screen monitor any day...and i can play videogames at the same time
Lt. Commander
# 519
09-27-2010, 08:15 AM
An anime that really got to me was Tenchi Universe (not the best show, but a couple really good characters). Ryoko had been trying to help Tenchi save "the other woman". She absolutely loved him and didn't mind that he loved someone else. She ended up fighting to the point where she collapsed from her wounds and appeared quite dead. Most of it is in the first half of this fan video.

But then, I was also really worried at the end of Wall-E. Yeah, I'm a pansy.
Lt. Commander
# 520
09-27-2010, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by homsikpanda View Post
raven crying? wow..... that must have been a sad ending >.>;
So anyway next is Tales of the Abyss. I really liked the video game and I have heard good things about the anime.

I really linked that so I could then link this.