Lt. Commander
# 1 C-Store Race-Change Request
07-29-2010, 10:45 AM
Will Cryptic be implementing race changes in the not-too-distant future through the C-Store? I'm guessing such a service would be welcomed by many such as myself who are getting bored of their originally chosen species and/or passive traits.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-29-2010, 10:50 AM
Cardassians should get a free race change. I've got two characters (one Fed one Kling) that are Alien Cardassians. It'll suck when Cardassians finally get released.

I love Cardassians.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-29-2010, 11:46 AM
Species change should only be permitted to people who made a specific species in the Aliengen that later gets released as an official species. I don't know how they'd be able to tell, perhaps you'd have to put in a request or something, but they shouldn't allow just random paid-for species changes.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-29-2010, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Parallax
Cardassians should get a free race change. I've got two characters (one Fed one Kling) that are Alien Cardassians. It'll suck when Cardassians finally get released.

I love Cardassians.
I totally created an Alien "Cardassian" I would love a true Cardassian captain!
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-29-2010, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Parallax

I love Cardassians.
The undine lunatic has put you on the list! you will call them spoon heads!
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-29-2010, 05:29 PM
There's really no reason to limit a race/species change, simply because implementing new app code requires a large amount of transaction volume just to break even once developer costs are factored in.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-30-2010, 03:48 PM
Yes, please. This is something I want.

In specific, I'd like to be able to change the traits of my alien species. I have a very high level KDF character and I really don't want to remake her to shuffle around her traits... but I have one I really don't want and I'd love to be able to switch it to one I want.

It would be nice if we could get a "race change" token that would allow us to switch races, or re-pick alien with new traits of our choosing.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-01-2010, 07:18 AM
I'd love to be able make my Trill a joined Trill.

Whether it would have to be through a race change or a symbiont that could be joined I don't mind.

All I know is, Cryptic decided to release joined Trill to the C-Store shortly after mine hit RA5
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-01-2010, 07:48 AM
This is a neat idea. especially for alien races who went overboard with the whiskey during char creation.
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-01-2010, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shar487
Will Cryptic be implementing race changes in the not-too-distant future through the C-Store? I'm guessing such a service would be welcomed by many such as myself who are getting bored of their originally chosen species and/or passive traits.
This has been requested in at lest three other threads

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=166519

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=148885

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=141830

Personally I would love for this service and I'm hoping they eventually listen to these requests. In WoW race, gender and faction changes are a paid service. I don't see why they can't set something up similar in the C-store.