Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
08-13-2010, 11:48 AM
Is not the Cooldown of any/all powers affected by skills and the like?
Would that not give a faster cooldown period in a rank 1 power over a rank 3?
Lt. Commander
# 22
08-13-2010, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Go ahead and think that, but my ET1 pops faster before ET3 is finished in its cooldown. This has bailed me out of trouble in PvP quite a bit.
That's actually the global cooldown versus the recharge of the 1st power you're seeing, not ET I being faster than ET III on the recharge. Two ET IIIs with 9 points in them would have the same effect. Each ET power has a single recharge of 30s, but a shared global cooldown of 15s. If you hit one "Team" ability, that one comes back after 30s, however you can use another "Team" ability after 15s. Regardless of whether it's I, II, or III.

As of Season 1.2, these are the abilities of Engineering Team: (Source)
Quote:
Engineering Team
Category: 5
Duration: 5
Recharge: 30
Global Cooldown: 15
System Cooldown: 15 Crew
Note: Engineering stat bonus doesn’t stack. The best buff is applied.
Note: Engineering Team could be considered the reserve hull heal. It is larger in magnitude than Auxiliary Power to SIF, but does not provide hull damage resistance. It is also useful as a reserve to prevent triggering the Team system cooldown
More info's in the Season 1.2 Patch Notes .
Lt. Commander
# 23
08-13-2010, 11:57 AM
How odd, I really thought that skills at level had an effect on cooldowns.
Oh well, nvm then.
Lt. Commander
# 24
08-13-2010, 03:34 PM
The number of skill points your Bridge officer has in a space skill effects the recharge time. For Ground skills, it affects the magnitude of the ability
Lt. Commander
"Equipment does not make the Pilot, the Pilot makes the Equipment"

Replace Boff Power for equipment in the above quote and the result is still the same.

As a hint for the direction you should go in, start with imagining there were no Boff powers, consoles or any other modifiers, just you, your ship and your weapons. What you need to succeed in that theoretical realm is the same as the full game.

Yours in tactical framework Plasma,
Star*Dagger
Lt. Commander
# 26
08-13-2010, 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saberous View Post
I run and Noble Assault Cruiser. My ship is equipped with Purple Mk X Plasma Weapons. A dual and two beam arrays with a Quantum torp in my forward array. I have three plasma and a plasma torp in the rear.

For shields I am using the purple MK X Corvarent Cap 3 that gives cruisers 8400 shield strength.

Consoles.
I am running two Mk XI blue +18 Kinetic and +18 all energy weapons resistance . One +90 EPS power regulator and the Mk XI blue +35% shield capacity.

I am running 2 Mk X green +15 deflector to help transfer shield strength 2

I am running 2 Mk XI green +24 plasma weapons and one MK XI green +24 Torp Weapons.

My current BOF powers

Tac Ens: High Yield 1,
Tac Lieutenant: Beam Overload 1, High Yield 2

Eng Commander: Emg Power to Shields1, Eng Team 2, Emer Power to Shields 3 and Aceton Field 3
Eng Lieut Commander: Emg Power to Weapons 1, Eng Team 2, and Reverse Shield Polarity 2

Sci Lieutenant: Sci Team 1 and Transfer Shield Strength 2.

My Powers
Evasive Maneuvers 3, Rotate Shield Frequency 3, Miracle Worker 3, Brace for Impact 3, EPS power transfer 3, Nadion Inversion 3,
I won't get into your weapons or anything else.. You say you are not surviving and I will help you to understand how your build is flawed.

Issue 1 -
Eng Team 2 Eng Team 2 Sci Team 1.... These all share a cooldown and you have one 2 many.

Issue 2 -
Resists.... you have nothing providing Hull resistance (Other then you Eng Fleet skill which you didn't list)

Issue 3-
Same issue as 1... you have 3 Emergency power to Skills... you WILL not be able to use all 3 due to cool downs.

I hope that makes some sense.... Here is a skill build I would suggest you try.

Tac Ens: High Yield 1,
Tac Lieutenant: Beam Overload 1, Attack Pattern Delta

Eng Commander: Emg Power to Engines 1, Aux to Sif 1, Emer Power to Shields 3 and Eject Warp 3
Eng Lieut Commander: Eng Team 1, Aux to Battary 1 , and Reverse Shield Polarity 2
Sci Lieutenant: Hazard 1 and Transfer Shield Strength 2.

If you have a officer with Aux to Sif 3 or can afford to buy one also consider this on your commander
Emergency to Engines 1, Emergency to Shield 2, Eject plasma 1, Aux to sif 3

So here is the reasoning for you.

2 Emergency to Powers NO overlap. Switching to one Engine boast gives you away to move yourself out of a bad situation... or at least turn a facing.

Aceton Field is easily countered by Hazard Emitters carried by 95% of players right now. Eject Plasma is a great way to get someone off your back... you can also use it with Emergency power to engines and/or evasive to coat and imobilize a target.

Eng Team 1 is a fine spike heal that dosn't eat better slots. Aux to Sif will give you a constant small heal... more importent it will greatly reduce ALL incomming damage due to the almost constant resist.

Aux to Battary.... I would have done something diffrent here buy you seem sold on the RSP 1 being weak... so Here is the use for aux to battary... WHEN you need your hazard emitters, first use a AUX battary to juice your aux power now use your hazard, and hit aux to sif as well. (Aux power will boast both resists very high)... now before you aux drops use AUx to battary. You will end up with almost 50 power to Weapons Shild and Engines.... with the 15 second of crazy resist running and the power... KILL something. lol
(now I have given you the secret Battary Doubling trick.)

EDIT - I also added Attack Pattern Delta over high yield 2... this is a judgement call, you may want the extra burst... but if you really are worried about living... it is one more resist power.

Anyway hope the suggestions help. Have fun in STO... practice practice piloting matters more then any skills.
Lt. Commander
# 27
08-13-2010, 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambience View Post
That's actually the global cooldown versus the recharge of the 1st power you're seeing, not ET I being faster than ET III on the recharge. Two ET IIIs with 9 points in them would have the same effect. Each ET power has a single recharge of 30s, but a shared global cooldown of 15s. If you hit one "Team" ability, that one comes back after 30s, however you can use another "Team" ability after 15s. Regardless of whether it's I, II, or III.

As of Season 1.2, these are the abilities of Engineering Team: (Source)

More info's in the Season 1.2 Patch Notes .
It's still far better to have ET3 in one LT Cmdr slot and the other being EPtS3 than having 2 ET2s or 3s. And you can reserve the LT slots with more effective Emergency Powers and RSP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
Aceton Field is easily countered by Hazard Emitters carried by 95% of players right now. Eject Plasma is a great way to get someone off your back... you can also use it with Emergency power to engines and/or evasive to coat and imobilize a target.
Warp Plasma is also canceled out by Hazzard Emitters.
Lt. Commander
# 28
08-13-2010, 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
It's still far better to have ET3 in one LT Cmdr slot and the other being EPtS3 than having 2 ET2s or 3s. And you can reserve the LT slots with more effective Emergency Powers and RSP.

Warp Plasma is also canceled out by Hazzard Emitters.
This is true I guess I should say... the plasma stays behind and can get more then one ship.. .aceton long cool down hits removed NOTHING. Plasma at least you can evasive and hit a couple people... and there still Stopped for a short time even if they counter.
Lt. Commander
# 29
08-13-2010, 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
This is true I guess I should say... the plasma stays behind and can get more then one ship.. .aceton long cool down hits removed NOTHING. Plasma at least you can evasive and hit a couple people... and there still Stopped for a short time even if they counter.
Not only that, if another player or NPC uses Warp Plasma and you connect, the DoT's effect increases drastically, almost like a Undine Plasma Torpedo DoT.

Though I'm happy Aceton's effect is better than it originally was, but instead of a useless DoT, it needs to be like a weapon version of Feedback pulse where it damages the player every time it shoots.
Lt. Commander
# 30 Covariant x3 Shields
08-13-2010, 09:33 PM
I am curious, where did you find these? The max I have seen are x2...Thx.