Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
I started this game making a Federation character. At the appropriate level I made a Klingon. This was February or march. Cant remember. I proceeded to level up 3 Federation Characters, level up 2 characters in Warhammer Online, 1 in Lord of the Rings Online and decided to come back to my KDF captain.

I started Leveling that captain up 5 days after 2.0 came out (the amount of time it took me to get to VA and become a federation ambassador). During this time I have learned that your, the KDF, has it REALLY rough.

I couldnt get into PVP queues. Was stuck running exploration missions till the lines of reality and fantasy were blurred. Missions were weird. Especially trying to sidekick on the Klingon side. Dont know if there is a bug with sidekicking in Exploration missions (I was getting about 1.5 levels an hour doing exploration), my lower level friends just had problems with the whole sidekicking thing. Never had this problem on the fed side.

When I did get to a new tier of ships I had to spend twice as long getting the mission to get my refit, changing my costume, changing BO skills and BO training and on 2 occasions respecing. It may be close to 3 times as long. The ships were on the opposite end of a labyrinth. Then respecing is in the middle somewhere on your way to go to the ship yard. Its not an easy trip. I bump into everything, fall through cracks in ramps that for the life of me always manage to find.

Lag is worse for me on the Klingon side also. I only had rubber banding on Holodeck fed side at the very beginning. Im getting pulled behind doors and walls on Qo'Nos.

Someone in my KDF fleet canceled their sub today because of the horrible lag in the breaking the planet daily. It was... I have never experienced lag this bad in a game. Everyone in the instance would sit there and see the "server not responding timer" for several seconds then we'd get one frame. The rest of our sector space was fine.

I hear the TTS chat and its all about the fed side. (beside the PVP queues) No one even really mentions anything they want about the Klingon side. And all that is released to the C-Store is Fed items besides a couple bridge packs. How many ship options does the Fed side need anyways? I know the numbers of the Klingon side of things are low, how about throwing people bones so they may want to play it? Instead of one of those ships on the Poll, all of them. And throw in some variants to existing ships. I like what is done with the carriers. Just dont forget about the Raptors and the Bird of Preys and the Cruisers.

I like making unique looking ships. Mix and matching parts and pieces to make something that looks like me. For the Tier 4 battle cruiser I had one option. It was ridiculous. Even the Miranda has options.

I should mention this. Where is the anomaly scanner coming from on the Carrier? I cant even see it if I have my camera in the default view while scanning in the KDF exploration areas. When I cam to the front of my ship, I have to zoom in and tilt it a bit to see a halo around the part of the ship where the neck meets the hull.

Costume options are getting better. It was the reason why I didnt play my KDF captain. I had 2 choices of uniforms to choose from. I have twice that or more if I make an Orion (thank you for that so much it got me to play my KDF again). Compare that to what the Feds have. Feds even have a VA outfit. And an ambassador outfit. And silly pastel looking robes and formal wear for those moments when you want to put in the holodeck program "Senior Prom, May 1996".

It is really boring on the KDF side of things. We dont get out. People sit at Ganalda or Qo'Nos (anyway we can get a circular designed Ganalda or The Great Hall please so it doesnt take ages to find things) doing nothing but wait for the Queue to pop.

Klingons need parity please and a lot of fixes. Its ridiculous. I dont like seeing people quitting because of bugs and problems that go unnoticed because no one reports it or is even there to see it. I dont know if this goes in Feedback or Gameplay. It just should be read by developers. TTS has become unbearable its always we want this by the Fed side of things. My hopes are that maybe more people might want to play the KDF side. You need carrots on string to do that.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-13-2010, 01:41 AM
You hit the nail on the head with this . The so called Klingon patch aka season 2 and the 45 day path before that gave the kDF little the Feds got more stuff both times in what was supposed to be our patch

We got a few missions and a few uniform options te Feds got refit ships and a ton of other stuff the Feds also keep getting ship after ship added and all we have gotten is a useless carrier ad a t2 cruiser same for the c store Feds have tons of stuff , new races bridges ships and more we have nothing
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-13-2010, 10:37 AM
The PVP problems basically escalate the issues of the playing a klingon exponentially.

The horrible implementation of season 2.0 ... which broke PVP and Exploration Clusters ... made life miserable for the fed side ... and practically unplayable for the Klingons.

The devs were given the bug reports for this.

Fixes ... supposedly ... are still incoming.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-13-2010, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash-Brewster View Post
You hit the nail on the head with this . The so called Klingon patch aka season 2 and the 45 day path before that gave the kDF little the Feds got more stuff both times in what was supposed to be our patch

We got a few missions and a few uniform options te Feds got refit ships and a ton of other stuff the Feds also keep getting ship after ship added and all we have gotten is a useless carrier ad a t2 cruiser same for the c store Feds have tons of stuff , new races bridges ships and more we have nothing
You are wrong.

Its a goldmine being shared between the two factions and I'm surprised the OP hasn't seen it.

The Feds got the gold.....

and the KLinks got the shaft.

All the KLinks can hope for is the "promised" no more updates until the Klingon faction is properly fleshed out comes to fruition with season 3. Which Dstahl has stated is all about bug fixes and the like.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-14-2010, 08:58 AM
To all the KDF players who have stuck to their KDF mains, from CB / OB, through Season 1 & 2, you will be hard pressed to find more patient and devoted playerbase. ( i myself had to take a break for a few months).