Lt. Commander
# 1 IGN Vault Dev Chat With Craig!
03-30-2009, 12:55 PM
Tomorrow, March 31, 2009 at 7 P.M. EDT IGN Vault is hosting a Star Trek Online Developer Chat with Craig Zinkievich, STO's Excecutive Producer. Here are the details -

The Star Trek Online dev chat will be conducted on Voon in the VN_Devchat channel on Tuesday March 31, 2009 at 7PM ET (4PM Pacific Time). Please login to Voon at least 15 minutes before the chat starts.

To install/load Voon:
1. Go to http://voon.vivox.com/ and download and install the Voon client.
2. You will also need to create an account with Voon using the Register link on that page.
3. Login to VOON.
4. Click on the “Rooms” tab and choose “Manage”, then “Join a Room”.
5. Enter “VN” in the search box and click on “Find”.
6. Highlight “VN_Devchat” from the list and click on “Join”.

We hope to see you there!
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-30-2009, 01:01 PM
I will be there!

Another way to join the chat (once voon is open) is:

#1. Click "Events" at the top tabs
#2. Scroll down to "Star Trek Online Dev Chat with IGN"
#3. Double Click "Star Trek Online Dev Chat with IGN"
#4. Click "Join Audio" at the top left to listen in.
#5. Press the little "T" button on the bottom left to talk. Push again to tun off your mic.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-30-2009, 01:32 PM
haha, i was just about to uninstall Voon too. Guess it still has a reason to be on my HD

ill be there!
Lt. Commander
# 4 let's talk!!
03-30-2009, 02:48 PM
What is "voon"? You have a lot of techies here but I dont know too much about that stuff. How about creating an official STO Real Time Chat Room? Now that's something to talk about.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-30-2009, 02:54 PM
Are there pre-Chat questions being taken, or is it just during the chat?
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-30-2009, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loekii View Post
Are there pre-Chat questions being taken, or is it just during the chat?
For the last chat in VooN, and the last Champions Online Chat in VooN, there was a discussion that we could not participate in as Craig and then Bill talked about various items in development. Then there was a portion where the audience was able to participate by asking questions that the dev's answered right there live. So write down one or two really good questions in case they repeat that same setup.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-30-2009, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STO View Post
For the last chat in VooN, and the last Champions Online Chat in VooN, there was a discussion that we could not participate in as Craig and then Bill talked about various items in development. Then there was a portion where the audience was able to participate by asking questions that the dev's answered right there live. So write down one or two really good questions in case they repeat that same setup.
Thank you.

While I understand that they often will repeat known information for the new to STO listeners, I do hope they toss out more brand new information (or further explaination of old information), rather than just repeating stuff that can be found by reading the various websites FAQ.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-30-2009, 03:40 PM
so voon is a voice/text chat client?

curious because many developers use IRC chats. much more common client. (plus can be done with a java client on a web page requiring no download)
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-30-2009, 03:41 PM
I'll try and be there, but i'll just be getting off work when its going on.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-30-2009, 07:00 PM
Thank you very much for the heads up about the chat! I will definitely be there, and I can already think of quite a few questions that I would really like to have answered. Even though I am unfamiliar with the chat client, it is definitely worth figuring out in order to be able to participate in the chat. I am looking forward to seeing what kind of information will be revealed!