Lt. Commander
# 11
08-13-2010, 11:32 AM
Actually it's caused by the flux bandwidth collider which uses neutron density inversion settings to make the polarized imbalanced protocols influx with localized muon particles creating the illusion of the object being far closer than it appears.
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-13-2010, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Sheppard
Cryptic has said for a long, long time that the game was being designed to be fun... a simulation would not be.
And how does it hurt to change the range readings to something like 1 Light-second? 1 Light second is ~300,000km, which give that it is the 25th century should be fine. Range readouts would just have to be changed so that 10km = 1 Ls.

I dont see anything that changes the fun if we just change the range values. Keep the visuals like they are, since it is practically canon to have ships appear visible during a Star Trek space battle at any range.
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-13-2010, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Yes. This is as silly as Superman spinning the Earth backwards to go back a few moments in time to save Lois.

But, we have an advantage over Superman lore. It Star Trek we call it technobabble.

So, it does mean kilometers but because of the effect of the Heisenberg Compensation Modules, things appear a lot closer than they actually are. And, you appear to be going slow but it's actually fast. It's like the 20th century rear view mirror phenomenon where objects were closer than they appeared.

And Yeoman Rand will meet you in your quarters after shift.
Yeah, the cute yeoman argument is difficult to overcome. I simple can't top that. So what you say MUST be true ... so long as that yeoman is there. LOL

Much better than my idea of pretending that "10 km" is actually "10k km" (i.e. 10,000 kilometers).
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-13-2010, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Parallax
KM obviously means Klingon Meters. It's canon.
No..

Kirk Meters
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-13-2010, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by modemfox View Post
No..

Kirk Meters
hopefully its not a measurement of his mandhood
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-13-2010, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajac09 View Post
hopefully its not a measurement of his mandhood
No each Kirk Meter is a measure of how much woman he groped in a standard day.
Lt. Commander
# 17
08-13-2010, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icesavage
And how does it hurt to change the range readings to something like 1 Light-second? 1 Light second is ~300,000km, which give that it is the 25th century should be fine. Range readouts would just have to be changed so that 10km = 1 Ls.

I dont see anything that changes the fun if we just change the range values. Keep the visuals like they are, since it is practically canon to have ships appear visible during a Star Trek space battle at any range.
Kelvo Meters are about a light second anyways. So no worries.
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-13-2010, 11:46 AM
Its a bummer that range was standardized and not used as a characteristic to add qualities to weapons. It would be cool if range was varied for weapons.
Lt. Commander
# 19
08-13-2010, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icesavage

Ya, i could buy that. You just seemed to also be upset about planet sizes and distances which there isnt very much that can be done about without seriously nerfing the fun factor. I would have no objection to the change in distance readouts. I personally adhere to the previously mentioned x1000 idea.
Lt. Commander
# 20
08-13-2010, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euclid-Fugazi
Its a bummer that range was standardized and not used as a characteristic to add qualities to weapons. It would be cool if range was varied for weapons.
100% agree but crpytic thinks we are to dumb to play this game in a 3d environment probably think we are to dumb to play it with varied ranges. Varied range would be awesome. Fire photons at long range up close use phasers. varied yield torpedoes instead of this stupid high yield launching multiple torpedoes. id love to see all that. Doesn't ave to be like 500 km or anything but maybe like missile weapons can hit further then the base energy weapons ( and with crafting mods or special weapons can hit pretty far themselves )