Lt. Commander
# 1 Rework shadows?
08-16-2010, 10:18 AM
Hey, since season 2 i cant play anymore with shadows on the detail level "High" ... dont know why i knew only, pre season 2 i had no problems, i was able to play with really high detailt incl. the shadow.

NOW i must set the level of the shadow down to "Low" for a lag free gameplay and sorry ... it looks ridiculous.

There must be a reason, to optimize the shadow effects for more perfomance but same quality.

Using Card: geForce 9800GT
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-17-2010, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritze View Post
Hey, since season 2 i cant play anymore with shadows on the detail level "High" ... dont know why i knew only, pre season 2 i had no problems, i was able to play with really high detailt incl. the shadow.

NOW i must set the level of the shadow down to "Low" for a lag free gameplay and sorry ... it looks ridiculous.

There must be a reason, to optimize the shadow effects for more perfomance but same quality.

Using Card: geForce 9800GT
Was the game flickering at all, i just installed new drivers to my card, same as yours and now i get a constant flicker from anything in dark colors, especially shadows and black colors, seems not to be a issue in space.. for now
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-18-2010, 12:41 AM
Oh yeah right ... have also installes the new drivers of nvidia but can it be?

The new drivers based of the oldest one ... damn it where i can find now the previous xD